Losing weight..... - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Losing weight.....
Friday, April 04, 2008 12:43 AM
Ok so basically i want to know what you drag racers have been doing to lighten up the rear of the cavi?

So far i have gutted the car, removed the spare tire, and i run with less than a 1/4 of a tank. Has anyone removed the rear tub for the spare? what about a carbon fiber deck lid? I need good advice......

Re: Losing weight.....
Friday, April 04, 2008 6:13 AM
i had a carbon fiber hood and trunk, removed everything from the trunk. i also took all the sound deadner out of the interior. the only other thing you could do is remove your rear rebar behind your bumper.......

Friday, April 04, 2008 6:20 AM
This should help some...

http://www.importmodifications.com/cavalierweightreduction.html

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Friday, April 04, 2008 3:37 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:This should help some...

http://www.importmodifications.com/cavalierweightreduction.html

or search on the numerous posts about this already.

Friday, April 04, 2008 7:05 PM
i have probably removed about 289 pounds already.......... according to the importmodifaction site........ not enough has anyone removed the spare tire tub?
Friday, April 04, 2008 8:08 PM
do anything with your gas tank? im not sure of what years but i know some came stock with plastic tanks as apposed to metal. or u can get one of these........... http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=fuel+cell&searchinresults=false&N=700+115

the aluminum ones are really, really nice to. i gotta black one myself
Friday, April 04, 2008 8:20 PM
Replacing all your glass with plexi would make a big difference.... glass is heavy as all hell.

Lighter rims make a big difference too.... 1 pound of rotating mass is equal to about 1.5 pounds of dead weight.

Saturday, April 05, 2008 9:13 PM
am i the only one that removed the big metal brace under the rear bumper? that thing was pretty heavy..

Friday, April 11, 2008 4:03 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:am i the only one that removed the big metal brace under the rear bumper? that thing was pretty heavy..

no i have to and yes it was really heavy i was surprised

to the original poster go to this link

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=337489&t=335831&p=1

it has pictures of my car right now all gutted. its the last post on the first page, it has all the pictures of mine. i have no a/c either.

The one, the only, ME.
2465 lbs without me
141 hp @ 6300 (ran out of rpms)
123 ft lbs @ 5200
running lean on stock ECU
megasquirt here i come
Friday, April 11, 2008 4:05 PM
also the spare tire tub only weighs like 8-10 lbs when cut out

The one, the only, ME.
2465 lbs without me
141 hp @ 6300 (ran out of rpms)
123 ft lbs @ 5200
running lean on stock ECU
megasquirt here i come
Friday, April 11, 2008 4:28 PM
Andrew Anderson wrote:i have probably removed about 289 pounds already.......... according to the importmodifaction site........ not enough has anyone removed the spare tire tub?

YOu say you lost 289 lbs but not enough? Why not?

FU Tuning

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:22 PM
You have lost 289 in the rear or all together? if thats just in the rear.. wow. but what are you doing for a rear suspension setup? Are you doing something to keep the rear weight transfer down?

----------------------------
<<<<<2003 Sunfire Sedan>>>>>

Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:03 PM
yeah i have kyb agx shocks and eibach sportline springs.. Im losing the weight in the rear to reduce transfer..... I hear doing the rear disc conversion takes out some weight too....Who is the guy that prefabs the brackets?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search