cavalier circle track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cavalier circle track
Thursday, May 01, 2008 5:29 AM
I race a 1992 Cavalier on an oval track in the stock four cylinder class. I just got the car a little while ago and don't know much about it. It's a 2.2 tbi engine car... not the multi-port.

Does this car have a rev limiter? I was wondering how hard I can turn the motor without hurting it.

Also, I have an oil pressure question. When the car is cold, it has like 50 psi of oil pressure. After the race on pit road when I was sitting waiting to get back to my pit stall, it only had about 25 psi of pressure when it was warm. I revved the engine and the pressure started climbing again. So when I'm on the gas it goes back up toward 40-45. Is this normal to only have 25 psi at idle when the engine is warm?

Re: cavalier circle track
Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:57 AM
yes it has a rev limiter , turn it all the way up to redline. As for the oil pressure thats normal. got any incar video from the races ?

AIRPLANE SHANE
Mazda Rev It Up Atlanta Champion '03
#118 H2 98 Honda Civic DX
http://teamlovely.shutterfly.com
89Z24 conv. island cruiser
Re: cavalier circle track
Saturday, May 03, 2008 10:32 AM
Thanks Shane. A lot of people on another site have told me that my car being that old doesn't have a rev-limiter. I know nothing about cavaliers. I don't have any video yet, sorry.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search