Dirt Track Racers **LOOK** - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dirt Track Racers **LOOK**
Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:51 AM
1998 chevy cavalier z 24 2.4L
2.3L oil pump swap..weisco pistons...HP Tuned...Bigger throttle body...aluminum flywheel...secret cams........email me with pics of what u wanna trade....over 5k invested ..iowawhitetails@hotmail.com....Trade prefered...Harley, 4 wheelers, driver car...anything...email me with pics

2.4L RACE MOTOR W/2.3L OIL PUMP CONVERSION ***CHEAP***SEE CLASSIFIEDS SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY ....$1500...... EASTERN IOWA

Re: Dirt Track Racers **LOOK**
Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:11 PM
i would but its against IMCA rules.......if it wasn't against the rules i might of been interested

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Monday, March 01, 2010 5:52 AM
Thats funny we are IMCA rules also.....just cant compete with stock anymore
Monday, March 01, 2010 5:54 AM
lol that sucks cuz my 95 ln2 is bone stock. just the way we set up the suspension and the tire size makes me keep up with the preludes and stuff. they check for alum. flywheels and pistons and stuff here in nebraska at the tracks i run and make sure were not running shaved heads and stuff or racing fuel

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Monday, March 01, 2010 11:13 AM
Theres alot of good competition in eastern iowa, illinois and wisconsin.... If you aint over 200hp at the wheels on a 1/2 mile we run you mise well keep the car loaded and on the short track you better be swapping gears in the tranny and running a quaiffe. Alot guys from around here use too go down too I think it was I80 speedway when it was 5k too win....butt they downsized the purse over the years it aint worth traveling....
Monday, March 01, 2010 12:36 PM
More people need to use the $1500 claim then. The whole purpose of the Sport Compact class is to have a cheap entry level class. If your gonna dump a bunch of time and money in a sport compact, move up to a Hobby Stock. I saw an ad for a guy selling a Prelude that he said he spent $1800 in the head. He wants $3000 for the car. You can build a good hobby for around $4000 if you can do the work yourself. The tracks also need to tech better, I know our track dosen't check much. They checked for welded differentials and some header stuff but thats about it. If you know a car isn't stock claim it. The guy will either 1 give up his expensive toy, or 2 refuse the claim and get kicked out for 2 weeks I think? At our track the hornets aren't Imca but I don't see alot of money being spent either. If they don't cut down on the guys spending money it's gonna hurt the class.
Monday, March 01, 2010 12:54 PM
I dont really want too get this off topic which is where it s leading...... So back to the top......just looking for a trade dont care about rules or where it's raced at...... nascar/IMCA/Drag/Enduro....or even put the motor in a street car...................................................>
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search