1/4 mile time, turbo sunfire ecotec - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1/4 mile time, turbo sunfire ecotec
Friday, March 19, 2010 10:26 PM
took my sunfire to the track for the first time, ran 12 pounds of boost on a 42 trim turbo. 17 inch rims with low profile tires at 40 psi. heres the times....

1st- 15.1 at 100.3
2nd-15.25 at 100,5
3rd- 14,8 at 100.8
4th- 14.4 at 101.7

SH*TTY TIMES!!! but look at that mph!!!
i was getting insane wheelhop which caused the tranny/me to not shift properly to second so completeky threw me off
give me suggestions to improve my times! (other than wheels and rims)

running rich? turn the boost up

Re: 1/4 mile time, turbo sunfire ecotec
Saturday, March 20, 2010 12:46 PM
i thought your front tires should be at a lower psi. what suspension do you have? i think your rear shocks if adjustable should be at it's hardest setting. do you have any motor or trans mounts? your profile isn't filled out. you may want to ease into it less on take off to get better traction.

my carDomain updated 3/2/10 Forged and Supercharged

Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:27 PM
I just turboed my car and was curuis on the times.. Cheap lowering springs, no motor moiunts or nothing..
I left tires the way they were because I only want a realistic street time not only a once a week time when I swap tires, looking back on it I shouldn't shifted earlier because of the insane wheel hop which caused me to misshift second

Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:32 PM
get mounts and learn how to drive. i ran a 13.89 @ 103 on a saab kit you should be alot faster than that..

Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:56 PM
15.274@89.35 on 0psi. (N/a)
13.743@102.09 on 6.5psi.
12.862@111.57 on 13psi.

You have a LONG ways to go... and a lot to learn still.
And ill bet if you didnt have a jank turbo on there it would be even better. Or if you had a PROPER tune.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:01 PM

Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:14 PM
i bet if i wasnt still in high school and had a real job i could afford @!#$ like you, im just trying to do something i want to i dont understand @!#$s like you that wanna say @!#$ to bring people like me down. im sorry i dont have money growing out my ass and dont have mommy or daddy to fund me.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:42 PM
kevin roskosky wrote:i bet if i wasnt still in high school and had a real job i could afford @!#$ like you, im just trying to do something i want to i dont understand @!#$s like you that wanna say @!#$ to bring people like me down. im sorry i dont have money growing out my ass and dont have mommy or daddy to fund me.

ha. wanna know what i was doing in high school? working a real job. got out of school went to work til 11. came home slept, got up for school, lather, rinse, repeat. Every day and worked longer on weekends to have what i have. my parents have not spent a dime on my car. all me and thats how its going to stay. i have made all my car payments, and insurance payments as well as new parts.

you are taking your car... assuming its your daily driver, and making it even more unreliable than before. a good theory to live by with cars. if you are not going to do it right, dont do it at all. we are not trying to drag you down. we are explaining how to do things right so your @!#$ doesnt explode. same mentality in the tuning post you have...

Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:53 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
kevin roskosky wrote:i bet if i wasnt still in high school and had a real job i could afford @!#$ like you, im just trying to do something i want to i dont understand @!#$s like you that wanna say @!#$ to bring people like me down. im sorry i dont have money growing out my ass and dont have mommy or daddy to fund me.

ha. wanna know what i was doing in high school? working a real job. got out of school went to work til 11. came home slept, got up for school, lather, rinse, repeat. Every day and worked longer on weekends to have what i have. my parents have not spent a dime on my car. all me and thats how its going to stay. i have made all my car payments, and insurance payments as well as new parts.

you are taking your car... assuming its your daily driver, and making it even more unreliable than before. a good theory to live by with cars. if you are not going to do it right, dont do it at all. we are not trying to drag you down. we are explaining how to do things right so your @!#$ doesnt explode. same mentality in the tuning post you have...
QFT....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:02 PM
ok, if you guys would read my a/f ratios,, my @!#$ is not going to explode! its the same a/f rations you guys probably have i just get them a different way

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:06 PM
kevin roskosky wrote:ok, if you guys would read my a/f ratios,, my @!#$ is not going to explode! its the same a/f rations you guys probably have i just get them a different way
AFRs are not everything....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:10 PM
spark knock its at .2 max.... anything else master???

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:13 PM
kevin roskosky wrote:spark knock its at .2 max.... anything else master???
There is plenty more, but my Paypal needs funds first

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:14 PM
what else sir? ill give you a couple minutes to fill up paypal/google an answer

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:15 PM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:
kevin roskosky wrote:spark knock its at .2 max.... anything else master???
There is plenty more, but my Paypal needs funds first

wait you dont tune for free? damn, i guess once fetters done ill have to find some one else. lol

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:24 PM
kevin roskosky wrote:what else sir? ill give you a couple minutes to fill up paypal/google an answer
Google an answer? I have forgot more than you will ever know... Nice try though....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:30 PM
well then comeon, lay out some info? what else is so catastrophic about my tune? or is it like built2boosted said, you dont give out your tuning for free??

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:34 PM
kevin roskosky wrote:well then comeon, lay out some info? what else is so catastrophic about my tune? or is it like built2boosted said, you dont give out your tuning for free??
I generally don't give out my tuning for free... There a very select few who have gotton any tunes from me for free.... I don't mind sharing knowledge, but in this case I have nothing to prove to you.... Afterall, you know everything already....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:38 PM
i know for a fact a dont, im quite curious now though what you catastrophic secret it you cant possibly share with me for free

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:40 PM
tuning is a job. not free. he had to work to learn how to do it and has to charge for it. would you go to your job and do it for free just to help someone out?

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:41 PM
kevin roskosky wrote:i know for a fact a dont, im quite curious now though what you catastrophic secret it you cant possibly share with me for free
There is no "secret".... Do you think tuning is "black magic" too?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:43 PM
i think his hands are working builtnboosted, you cant stop wiping his ass now... i dont understand why you guys wouldnt just say it if you knew it because you guys on here are so keen to say everything else

Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:49 AM
The biggest reason ppl with knowledge generally dont help ppl without knowledge is because they dont show respect that they deserve from years of searching forums, trial and error so when someone comes in demanding info they def arent going to get it and also ppl always take the other person the wrong way on here someone offers advice after you ask for it then you get pissed when they are straight forward with you not pointin fingers at any just throwing it out there

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:22 AM
ok here are somethings to help u, i dont know how ur car is tuned, and the turbo doesnt matter much to me, i have seen crap turbos and turbos that were like $2500 do the same thing, the tune is a really big part, without it you have nothing. but racing at the track is something that u have to practice to learn, dont expect to find out what ur car can really do at its max potential ur first time out, u have to work out all the kinks. try finding a good rpm to launch at, everyone here will suggest something different given they all have differing suspensions, different motor mounts, different size turbos, some cars rev limiters, boost retard, the list goes on. but as a general opinion, u should definitely get some motor mounts they are not expensive at all, and try upgrading ur suspension. try to have no more that a 1/4 tank of gas to make the car lighter, and take out all the unnecessary stuff also (spare tire, jack, baby seat lol) u can also lower ur front tire air pressure, but not too much because even tho it will help u get traction quicker u will sacrifice top speed. Dude one thing i have learned about forums is u have to have tough skin, i have learned so much from the guys here and over at quad4forums. some people dont mean to be a dick they just want to to actually learn something instead of telling u how to do something. make google ur best friend. ask other racers at the track for tips, all the things ur gonna need to know wont come from the internet. ur car sounds like it capable of doing a lot better, u may also want to look into getting some better tires. just those few things would put u close to a 13 second run. and just remember like everyone else here there is still more u can learn,

if it can't win a race it better win a show
Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:02 AM
Quote:

try to have no more that a 1/4 tank of gas to make the car lighter, and take out all the unnecessary stuff also (spare tire, jack, baby seat lol) u can also lower ur front tire air pressure, but not too much because even tho it will help u get traction quicker u will sacrifice top speed.

he cant do that. he wants a real street time. LMAO

and that mph you have a hard on for doesnt mean jack. just tells me that you suck at drag racing your car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:24 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:15.274@89.35 on 0psi. (N/a)
13.743@102.09 on 6.5psi.
12.862@111.57 on 13psi.

You have a LONG ways to go... and a lot to learn still.
And ill bet if you didnt have a jank turbo on there it would be even better. Or if you had a PROPER tune.

So the lesson to learn here is find yourself a buddy who can tune your @!#$ for you and buy a motor that was already built?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search