EGR VALVE..... - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EGR VALVE.....
Thursday, May 06, 2010 1:34 PM
My egr valve is making a squealing noise, and the car idiles rough........... can i just block it off and if so what do i do with the vaccume line on the top, And would it hurt my car any?.......................................................... This is on a 95 cavy 2.2 auto that I race circle track........ THX in advance!

Re: EGR VALVE.....
Friday, May 07, 2010 7:57 AM
Just pull the egr off of the manifold, clean it up with some brake parts cleaner to remove all the carbon build up, reinstall it to the car, and be done with it.
No need in removing it and with no tuning software for you to remove the cel light from egr removal, you might as well just keep it on the car.
It does serve a purpose you know.

You could probably remove the egr but you'll forever have a check engine light that you'll have to deal with and maybe some drive-ability issues but you can delete if you choose.
Good luck with it.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, May 07, 2010 1:02 PM
I race dirt track w/ my car, 95 as well. I removed my egr valve and used it as a template on a piece of 1/8" steel to make a blocking plate. You can do the same. The vacuum line just plug w/ a small bolt and silicone. The egr valve dumps hot gases back into your intake, you don't want that on a race car. I can take a pic if you need me to.
Friday, May 07, 2010 2:42 PM
Thx for the help fellas, I will see what i can do tonight with it......
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search