Stock 1/4 mile times? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock 1/4 mile times?
Sunday, October 10, 2010 8:49 PM
anyone know the times of all the engines completely stock?
2.2ohv
2.4twincam
2.2 eco

Re: Stock 1/4 mile times?
Monday, October 11, 2010 5:05 PM
2.2/2200= roughly 29 seconds
2.4=roughly 20seconds
2.2 eco=roughly 12 seconds
i keed i keed

depends on a lot of different factors. first off transmission type. on a bone stock car the manual (with a good driver) is always going to be faster than the auto. that being said, with a manual it completely depends on how well the person knows how to drive.

there's really no for sure number. for instance the 2.2 with the 3 speed auto is a @!#$ dog. y even bother?

i think the eco with a good driver and a manual is capable of mid 15's. with the auto low to mid 16's probly. and about the same for the ld9. (2.4 twin cam)

the 2.2 with an auto like 17's of some sort, probly high. with a 5 speed, high 16's maybe. none of what i posted is probly a 100% accurate and members will probly call me an idiot. but that should b pretty damn close.

and one more thing. and this is probly the biggest factor. is what shape the car is in. if the air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs etc. etc., have never been changed and the oil hasn't been changed for awhile obviously the car won't be at it's full potential from the get go. also, depends on what the car weighs. a car with all the options as opposed to a completely bone stock car with no extra weight in it is going to be faster. maybe not a whole lot, but power to weight ratio is always an important factor. so clean all the mcdonald's bags out of your car!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 11, 2010 5:06 PM

Monday, October 11, 2010 6:41 PM
lmao i read u said 29 seconds im like whattttttt my 2.2 feels ALOT faster then that hahaha i know with FWD its alot about weight..taking out my subs, spare tire and whatever tools i have in my trunk and i really feel a difference, nothing huge but i can sorta feel it lol i could completely gut my car but its daily driver and i hear they get noisey with no carpets, my school books weigh a ton and my passenger seat could be removed for the run lol dont hate, its my daily driver..i just like to push it sometimes

Monday, October 11, 2010 6:50 PM
there's quite a bit of weight reduction you can do without making the car terribly uncomfortable. but yes, rolling without an interior would be loud and annoying as fawk.

Monday, October 11, 2010 8:29 PM
what are some weight reduction are you talking about? not talking about carbon fiber hood and trunk, just like what else could be removed?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:25 AM
spare tire/jack... rear bumper support, cut front bumper support in half, aluminum seats. remove folding section of back seat, entire ac system. lightweight wheels, n-body front suspension swap, and coilovers.

IMO stock times with a good driver in the fall...

2.2/2200
-auto = 17.0
-5spd = 16.5

LD9
-auto = 16.4
-5spd = 15.8

ECO
-auto = 16.3
-5spd = 15.7

Underdog Racing
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:27 AM
Brad is pretty much dead on.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:59 PM
i was pretty damn close lolz

Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:27 AM
blucavvy wrote:
and one more thing. and this is probly the biggest factor. is what shape the car is in. if the air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs etc. etc., have never been changed and the oil hasn't been changed for awhile obviously the car won't be at it's full potential from the get go. also, depends on what the car weighs. a car with all the options as opposed to a completely bone stock car with no extra weight in it is going to be faster. maybe not a whole lot, but power to weight ratio is always an important factor. so clean all the mcdonald's bags out of your car!

For future reference, when people ask a question on 1/4 mile times of different cars and engines, you can just assume they mean a proper running and tuned up engine. You can assume they have done an oil change before, a spark plug change and are not carrying McDonalds bags, boat anchors, tickle trunks or cadavers. Just sayin'

blucavvy wrote: the 2.2 with an auto like 17's of some sort, probly high. with a 5 speed, high 16's maybe. none of what i posted is probly a 100% accurate and members will probly call me an idiot. but that should b pretty damn close.

If he didn't specify rim size then don't account for different sizes. What if he had 18's? What if he had 28's? What if he had wagon wheels?

If he didn't specify certain modifications then don't account for them and assume the vehicle is stock.

blucavvy wrote:
depends on a lot of different factors. first off transmission type. on a bone stock car the manual (with a good driver) is always going to be faster than the auto. that being said, with a manual it completely depends on how well the person knows how to drive.

Another thing, assume the driver knows how to drive. This is a hypothetical situation, don't over complicate things when there is no need of it. What if the driver only had one leg and had to operate the clutch with his hand and in order to launch properly? What would happen then? It is a reasonable to assume the driver can drive and has all of his/her appendages. Just sayin'

Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:41 AM
2 years ago i ran 15.68 with a fully loaded 01 GT 5speed, but completely stock. No stereo or sub, everything was factory. I can upload my timeslip if need be.

Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:49 AM
Thrice . wrote:2 years ago i ran 15.68 with a fully loaded 01 GT 5speed, but completely stock. No stereo or sub, everything was factory. I can upload my timeslip if need be.

Was that on tires or wagon wheels?
Any McDonalds bags in the car? How many?
Cadavers? How many?
Can you drive good? How good? Fernando Alonso good or Betty White good?
Do you have all your appendages?

Just trying to get a feel for the pass you made... jk

Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:45 AM
My sunfire completely stock ran a 15.2....ECO FTW! With an intake and exhaust it ran a 15.0

Yes not having an interior is lame, I have the stock muffler on and its still loud as hell inside the car......thats the price you pay tho.

Take your car to the track and find out, then take it back, and again and again and again and again, until you get lots of practice its gonna be slow....don't get discouraged....keep racing and your times will start to fall.

Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:15 AM
13.8@100mph is excellent... that's a great pass for the power your making and a good ET for your trap speed.

Congrats!

Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:17 AM
ive seen a auto eco do 15.6 stock

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:21 PM
kevo1586 . wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

For future reference, when people ask a question on 1/4 mile times of different cars and engines, you can just assume they mean a proper running and tuned up engine. You can assume they have done an oil change before, a spark plug change and are not carrying McDonalds bags, boat anchors, tickle trunks or cadavers. Just sayin'

blucavvy wrote: the 2.2 with an auto like 17's of some sort, probly high. with a 5 speed, high 16's maybe. none of what i posted is probly a 100% accurate and members will probly call me an idiot. but that should b pretty damn close.

If he didn't specify rim size then don't account for different sizes. What if he had 18's? What if he had 28's? What if he had wagon wheels?

If he didn't specify certain modifications then don't account for them and assume the vehicle is stock.

blucavvy wrote:depends on a lot of different factors. first off transmission type. on a bone stock car the manual (with a good driver) is always going to be faster than the auto. that being said, with a manual it completely depends on how well the person knows how to drive.

Another thing, assume the driver knows how to drive. This is a hypothetical situation, don't over complicate things when there is no need of it. What if the driver only had one leg and had to operate the clutch with his hand and in order to launch properly? What would happen then? It is a reasonable to assume the driver can drive and has all of his/her appendages. Just sayin'

comprehension owns you. i wasn't specifying wheel size those were times. that's y i said for example high 16's. what the hell would a high 16" wheel be?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:25 PM

Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:23 PM

also, just because he knows how to drive doesn't mean anything. what i was saying is that pj could probly hit a lot lower 15 with a stock 5 spd than i for instance could. there's a big difference between a good driver, and a great driver. and time's will prove it.

Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:45 PM
newt wrote:Take your car to the track and find out, then take it back, and again and again and again and again, until you get lots of practice its gonna be slow....don't get discouraged....keep racing and your times will start to fall.

i wish it was that easy, im in NY no tracks around except NJ... me and my friend are rebuilding his transmission since it blown, once its done we're planning a trip out there with quite a few people

Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:57 PM
I agree that I misread the part about the wheels, but regardless he is referring to the car itself and what it is capable of. Not what the driver is capable of. I am aware that drag racing is difficult and the differences between drivers in the exact same car can be quite significant as I attend drag racing events as often as they occur in my local area.

I am pretty confident that the person asking this question just wanted to know the times that the cars are capable of (which would leave one to assume a skilled driver.) Why would he want to know the times that the car will run in the hands of a crappy driver? Who would care about that?

Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:19 PM
actually i was just wondering the times, just like a general area so when i go to the track, i know what to expect

Friday, October 15, 2010 4:58 AM
kevo1586 . wrote:I agree that I misread the part about the wheels, but regardless he is referring to the car itself and what it is capable of. Not what the driver is capable of. I am aware that drag racing is difficult and the differences between drivers in the exact same car can be quite significant as I attend drag racing events as often as they occur in my local area.

I am pretty confident that the person asking this question just wanted to know the times that the cars are capable of (which would leave one to assume a skilled driver.) Why would he want to know the times that the car will run in the hands of a crappy driver? Who would care about that?

suppose he's not the best driver? if he's not but he knows that the car is capable of a 15.3 with a great driver, it gives him a reason to practice. all i was trying to say.

Friday, October 15, 2010 6:28 AM
If you have a dirty air filter that is almost plugged solid, but not quite, I'm gonna say a clean spot the size of roughly a medium tangerine and a fuel filter that was changed once before (under warranty work) and your spark plugs are really old and I mean old (like Mick Jagger old) and of two different brands NGK and Bosch and one of your plug wire has a fray in it like it was grazed with a Saguro cactus. And your oil is really old but it's synthetic but of the wrong weight and your using a Fram tough guard oil filter but there was a recall on a batch of filters but you don't know if it applied to your's then I'd say you might run a 21.2@53mph.

but

If you have a properly working car I'd say about a 16.5 in your 2.2.

Friday, October 15, 2010 10:03 AM
Fluffy wrote:ive seen a auto eco do 15.6 stock

had to have been a factory freak at or close to sea level at night in about 60 degree weather right after the sun went down.

Underdog Racing
Friday, October 15, 2010 6:17 PM
kevo1586 . wrote:If you have a dirty air filter that is almost plugged solid, but not quite, I'm gonna say a clean spot the size of roughly a medium tangerine and a fuel filter that was changed once before (under warranty work) and your spark plugs are really old and I mean old (like Mick Jagger old) and of two different brands NGK and Bosch and one of your plug wire has a fray in it like it was grazed with a Saguro cactus. And your oil is really old but it's synthetic but of the wrong weight and your using a Fram tough guard oil filter but there was a recall on a batch of filters but you don't know if it applied to your's then I'd say you might run a 21.2@53mph.

but

lol, smartass.

Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:46 PM
kevo1586 . wrote:If you have a dirty air filter that is almost plugged solid, but not quite, I'm gonna say a clean spot the size of roughly a medium tangerine and a fuel filter that was changed once before (under warranty work) and your spark plugs are really old and I mean old (like Mick Jagger old) and of two different brands NGK and Bosch and one of your plug wire has a fray in it like it was grazed with a Saguro cactus. And your oil is really old but it's synthetic but of the wrong weight and your using a Fram tough guard oil filter but there was a recall on a batch of filters but you don't know if it applied to your's then I'd say you might run a 21.2@53mph.

but

if that @!#$ dont break down after 35mph hahaha

Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:23 PM
Brad can my car be called stock? lol it has stock components but cams lol, they just been impoved lol, so 2.4 can run 14s stock if I count lol, but I run FULL weights, subs, spare and car seat stay in and I keep all 4 tires at 32 psi lol, unless your saying Im a good driver? , just like Paul T's car I bet can run faster then I did with a more experienced driver , hint hint Paul

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search