Rear Wheel Bearings - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Wheel Bearings
Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:40 AM
I am looking for a bolt in rear wheel bearing for 03 Cavi that will withstand dirt track racing . We are replacing them every couple night its getting expensive quick .I seen a post of a guy that makes and sells them on here but got no reply thru his email . Any info is greatly appreciated .

Thanks Brian

Re: Rear Wheel Bearings
Sunday, March 27, 2011 9:37 AM
Are you referring to Lannie Wineland? I emailed him a couple months ago, and it took him awhile to reply, but he eventually did. What he told me was, he could make one, cost is $250.
Monday, March 28, 2011 7:51 AM
Yes that is the person I am talking about . Did you buy any off of him ? Just wondering if brakes and all can go right back on with these bearings .

Thanks Brian
Monday, March 28, 2011 3:44 PM
I just went to the junk yard today and grabbed one from a caravan. I'm gonna try to make this work w/ out getting in to messing w/ the break line. I'll do a write up w/ pics if it works out.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:57 AM
Ok Thanks . Would really like to figure out sumtin by Friday since we race again then .
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:39 PM
I wont get to messing w/ it before Friday, sorry.
Sunday, April 03, 2011 12:25 PM
No I did not get any from him, I ended up getting a caravan hub for each of my cars. The caravan hub works fine so far, didnt get to race with it yet though, but seems alot more durable. I was able to hook up the brake line easily with just a new brake line nuts and flaring the end. And emer. brake I got hooked up, but had to modify the emer. brake arm inside the drum to accept the end of the cable on the cavalier, and grind a section out to account for the slightly shorter cable that it has from the caravan.
Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:29 AM
Are u about to bolt the hub directly to the factory holes? Would u be able to use just the hub and keep the factory brakes? Would have to machine the off set for the studs on the drum but that way u could keep factory wheels.
Friday, September 30, 2011 4:53 PM
Yeah the whole brake drum assy. gets bolted to the cavalier bracket. You just have to ream out the tops holes and drill new bottoms.
Cant keep the factory brake assy. because the caravan drums are bigger. But they have the same bolt pattern as cavalier so you can run the factory wheels.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search