2012 Hornet racing season - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2012 Hornet racing season
Thursday, February 09, 2012 8:26 AM
This will be my first season racing a hornet. Actually first time racing anything on dirt. 1/4 mile semi-high banked oval (Bloomington Speedway in Indiana). I've read through most of the threads on here and gathered some great ideas, but i'm looking for the latest and greatest set-up for this type of track. Any advice? Suggestions? 1999 Chevy Cavalier 2200 ohv.. and yes, i know i need an eco lol

Re: 2012 Hornet racing season
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:46 PM
The right rear hub upgrade would be good either a neon or caravan setup. I hope you have the 5 speed. You'll probably wanna run spring rubbers in the rear. Can you run stagger on the tires? Theres lots of info on this site. The J-bodies around here are decent and can win if they start out front.
Re: 2012 Hornet racing season
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:03 PM
Gonna do the hub swap... I have the 3 speed auto trans, which I hear is good bcuz manual, you don't have enough in 2nd and too much bog in 3rd.. Guys are running autos in 2nd gear on 1/4, manual on 3/8 and bigger. The rules say front right wheel may be slightly leaned, I'm toed out as far as I can go, with off set rims to give me my stagger. Now on the spring rubbers, wouldn't I want that stiff, weight the left rear above tire well, to eliminate weight transfer (car body) and run a good worn tire on the right rear to break loose? Another question is tire pressure and sizes. 30-35psi both front, 40-50 RR, 35-40 LR?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search