fuel cell - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel cell
Monday, October 01, 2012 5:31 PM
I am currently building a cirlce track car and we are required to run fuel cells. i am wondering if anyone has done this, like has someone used the standard fuel pump or do you use an external one. we have to run a fuel shut off vaulve also how do i hook one of these up. also does anyone know what these cars run fuel pressure wise? its a stock 2001 2.2 cavalier. it will have a bit of head work done but not alot of stuff due to our rules. part numbers for the fuel cell system would be alot of help. also once moved to the trunk can i a rubber fuel hose to the stock fuel pump, if used, nipples and just secure it with a hose clamp.

Re: fuel cell
Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:13 PM
SpeedwayMotors.com 4 gal. fuel cell part # 458-27004
I then installed an extra fitting like the vent for my return.
Monday, April 29, 2013 5:48 AM
I have one installed in a 1994 Cavalier, used an MSD fuel pump, I only used two of the three factory lines, I did not connect the vent, just the feed and return, wire the fuel, i used rubber hose and clamps. Summit Racing Part Number: MSD-2225, Part Number: SUM-890023
relay, Manufacturer's Part Number: SUM-290115CAN fuel cell,
Monday, April 29, 2013 4:42 PM
need alot more than 4 gal in a oval car... contact you tech. most tracks will allow our stock tank since its ahead of the rear axle..
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:55 PM
Run a 8 or 10 gallon. You'll need the external inline msd pump, or the cheap summit pump. Connecting the stock lines to the rubber hose can be challenging though. You dont need to connect the stock vent line, just make sure you have a vented fuel cell cap.

1994 Cavalier 2.2 5 Speed - Scrapped.
1994 Cavalier Z24 3.1 Auto - Enduro
1995 Cavalier 2.2 Auto - Figure 8
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:51 PM
Fmsi inc

Fuel Fittings
3188 Quick Connector to Hose End 5/16" x 3 3/4"

3189 Quick Connector to Hose End 3/8" x 3 3/4"

I personally would never recommend hose.. but if you have to, please use injection rated hose. There a lot better choices than hose. but those fittings will connect to factory quick connects..
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:35 PM
For my fuel shut where your ground connection is for your pump, just break the connection put in a switch. So when you flip the switch it breaks the ground connection. This is what everyone does on my track. If you find a good fuel cell/pump let me know what you use, I might do this in my car.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search