Asphalt racing set up help - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Asphalt racing set up help
Tuesday, July 19, 2016 5:16 AM
Hello, I've recently built a 04 cavalier 2.2 5speed for a 3/8 semi banked asphalt track. First time out the front hooked up great, the rear was so lose I had to easy my way into the corners. Set up so far. New struts with lowering springs on all corners. Alignment=1/8 toe out on left front. Camber is set on all four corners, front tire wear looks decent. Rear looks to need more on both. LR has minimum wear on new tires. Does anybody think I should get rid of the OEM fuel tank and put a fuel cell in the trunk area? I'm told the stock pick up in the stock tank is on the drivers side and I need to keep the OEM tank nearly full so it don't spudder due to fuel slosh in the corner. I figure I can lose around 50#'s by adding a fuel cell. I just hope it don't make the rear end loser. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Asphalt racing set up help
Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:53 PM
you need to make the rr as stiff run one or two big spring rubbers there that will help the back
Re: Asphalt racing set up help
Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:15 PM
mike hughart wrote:you need to make the rr as stiff run one or two big spring rubbers there that will help the back

What kind of spring rubber? new to that just biuld an 2000 z24 also for asphalt circle track...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search