good bye old friend - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
good bye old friend
Friday, November 20, 2009 8:32 PM
well tomorrow is going to be a sad day the cav is getting traded in so it is as stock as it has ever been

sorry for the crappy cell pics but its all i had, i will get a couple tomorrow when i go sign the paperwork but also if you look in the 1st pic you will see the new ride which as much as it sucks that i am selling the cav i am looking forward to the new truck

Re: good bye old friend
Friday, November 20, 2009 8:39 PM
kind of truck? looks like a chevy maybe, @!#$ty pic.......on a side note y would do this!?

Friday, November 20, 2009 8:53 PM
i work for a rental car company and we used to have a 2500$ deductible on all accidents
well i did about 2300$ worth of damage to a G5 and pretty much thought i was on the hook for it so i just said screw it i am stripping the car and getting something to replace the car and truck that is more reliable, but today i found out that i dont have to pay so all the money i saved up for the damage is now just sitting in the bank

but ya i guess i shouldnt have said truck cause it is more suv ish

Friday, November 20, 2009 9:26 PM
A Durango?

Bloody @!#$ hell.

Jacked/Wrecked/Sold wants this thread.

Friday, November 20, 2009 9:31 PM
this makes me a sad panda

Friday, November 20, 2009 9:38 PM
car took such a bad turn and now its now getting any better sad to see

Friday, November 20, 2009 9:41 PM
awesome, ruin one of the best looking j's to date, claiming you had big plans for it, and then trade it in.

its definitely your right to do so, but @!#$ dude.

Check out my build thread!

Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:34 AM
i had big plans for it

unfortunately with my wife being really sick and not able to work, my insurance going through the roof now cause of a stupid accident financially it was just not possible to keep it
making this decision was probably the hardest thing i have ever done

and if someone wants to move this thats cool i just couldn't think of the other forums name

Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:22 AM
How is swapping to a less fuel efficient, 4WD(I am assuming) going save you any money? Not to mention that Durango's are a major POS? I have had family members that have had them, got rid of them and never looked back... Good luck...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:38 AM
hahahaha

Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:44 AM
OP- you need to change your sig so I'm not reminded how much I used to like this car.....

Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:03 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:Not to mention that Durango's are a major POS? I have had family members that have had them, got rid of them and never looked back... Good luck...

x2 on them being a major POS.

That is all.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:21 AM
Wow, don't sign the papers yet. Avoid the Durango! You'll regret it.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:29 AM
Is the durango the 4.7L or 5.3L? Take care of it and it should be good to you. The 4.7L is only second to the 4.0L Inline 6 and 2.5L Inline 4 in terms of longevity and reliability as far as Chryslers line up goes.
Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:37 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:Not to mention that Durango's are a major POS? I have had family members that have had them, got rid of them and never looked back... Good luck...

x2 on them being a major POS.

That is all.

x3

Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:42 AM
i thought this just went into winter storage???

Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:53 AM
one of the hardest descisions of your life involved wether or not to trade in a cavalier? good god i want your life

Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:58 AM
Carbon Cavi wrote:one of the hardest descisions of your life involved wether or not to trade in a cavalier? good god i want your life

x2

LOL run while you still can man. I love my Cav and all, but soon as my @!#$ gets right I'll be right behind ya.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:33 PM

I loved that thing

But I figured that my family was more important

And yes it has the 4.7 and 4wd
But you have to remember my old winter beater was a 4.0 grand cherokee which is quite possibly the worst engine in terms of gas mileage
And with the tune I was running in the car it probably got worse mileage then this truck will get seeing is I would only get about 350 kms to a tank if I was lucky

And as far as being a pos is concerned I have done my reasearch and know what can go wrong and honestly everyone can I know a friend that has a piece of @!#$ something. Hell I know people that have piece of @!#$ cavaliers but most of the people on here own one

Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:06 PM
350km a tank? Holy @!#$...I get 500 when I drive harsh, 600 normal, and 700 when i'm trying my best.
Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:22 PM
imo dodge only made one good motor, 5.2 318. i miss my old 4x4 club cab Dakota. best vehicle i've ever had.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:01 PM
4.0 straight 6 is possibly the best motor ever made in terms of reliability

Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:17 PM
Just wondering why you would bother putting the side moldings back on? Especially since they're Sunfire moldings and the look totally ridiculous only going about halfway down the side of the car. Personally, I would have left them off.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:22 PM
they are on there cause the person that painted the car painted it with the type j mouldings on

Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:24 PM
carey965 wrote:4.0 straight 6 is possibly the best motor ever made in terms of reliability

i know the 4.0 is a great motor, but it was only offered in jeeps, hence why i said dodge only offered one good motor.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search