I'm no longer a J-Body owner. - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'm no longer a J-Body owner.
Friday, September 17, 2010 7:42 PM
I finally had it with the rust on the ole' Cavalier. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back was when the brake lines rusted out and nearly got me killed in the process. I'm not saying their rust-buckets, Their GREAT CARS! It was the combination of my wife's driving(scratching up the lower part of the rockers by running over stuff), and the sheer amount of SALT they use on the Easter Upper Peninsula roads(and me probably not washing it often enough)!

Anyhow, I couldn't bring myself to send her to the JunkYard... So I sold her my buddy's 18yr old son for $150. The demolition derby car he had(Dodge Shadow), blew the transmission 4 days before the Derby. Although it was rusty, it was mechanically WELL maintained by me. I had put a new front left wheel bearing in, and while at it I replaced the left trans-axle just because.

He placed 2nd in his heat, but my buddy that video taped it, said he should have gotten 1st. He never made it to the final heat sadly, one of his drunken pit crew members tried to pour gas straight into the the intake in an attempt to get it to fire, NOT knowing he had put a kill switch on it. Once they finally threw the kill switch, and tried to fire it, well, it wasn't pretty.

I'll post the vid once I get it if anyone is interested.

Later,
Jack

Re: I'm no longer a J-Body owner.
Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:34 AM
I wanna see the video.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:32 AM
Not a problem. I've been trying to get the video from my friend so that I can see it too.

Later,
Jack
Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:33 AM
Holly @!#$, talk about a sad ending..

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:00 PM
Lets hope this vid shows the attempt to start the car that way. Either way, sorry to see her get put out like that.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:22 PM
Well it took me long enough to remember to post this.

CAUTION! NSFW (Language)
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/autos_and_vehicles/watch/v20512750Jm6amAtS

Later,
Jack
Friday, November 19, 2010 12:43 PM
I saved my first Cavalier from the death sentence of a demo derby. It was in to good of shape to have that sort of end. But, A warriors death like this seems correct for a cavalier. I am glad to see it go out in this fashion. Good Night little Chev, A hard life with a hard end was yours.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search