Very tired and disappointed of the project. - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Very tired and disappointed of the project.
Monday, April 18, 2011 12:49 PM
I have a issues with my cv driveshaft. Ive put a air ride system on my car and now the axle keep slipping out. Been through about 5 axles. I dont think a camber kit will help but im going to try it. I can clearly see the axle slip when installing and jacking the control arm up. I can feel the slip in the axle. Even when i camber it. Think the axle is too short. Do anybody knows whats going on with this? Do they make spacers for 2000 cavalier base models driveshaft? Can i use another chevy make model axle? If i have to go back to stock, the car has to go. Too much money and time into this car and im at the point of giving up. 11 years.....................

Re: Very tired and disappointed of the project.
Monday, April 18, 2011 12:56 PM
WOW! I had bags for 3 years and never had that problem manual or auto?? are your motor mounts ok??? that will cause that!!

Monday, April 18, 2011 1:44 PM
i agree. ive blown the the engine racing and the macanic who replace the engine claim the motor mounts was good but you could see the engine shift back and forth alot. i just looked at it and something is rong with the upper mount thanks bro.
Monday, April 18, 2011 2:17 PM
im going to replace all 3 mounts before installng the axle. is there anything else i should be aware of?
Monday, April 18, 2011 7:19 PM
check the axel nut?

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:31 PM
Yeah I would check the mounts, and check if your balljoints are okay also. I had air for about 4 years and my car was DD and it never had a issue

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:42 PM
just rebuilt the upper mount and installed the axle. @!#$ up one of my lines so gotta fix that. ordering the a other mounts and the ball joints look and feel okay but ill get a friend to look at it to so thanks guys. oh just for the forum somebody jacked my 12s and a nice cd player. i hope i dont ever have to hurt anybody behind something like this but reaction is reaction........
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search