Side impact rating not too good on J Body - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Side impact rating not too good on J Body
Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:11 AM
A cautionary tale for all us J Body drivers:
http://www.thedailytimes.com/Local_News/story/Crash-kills-teen-18-year-old-Greenback-man-killed-in-Morganton-Road-wreck-id-029782
The J Body wasn't too good on side impact testing. Be careful out there!

dennis

Re: Side impact rating not too good on J Body
Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:25 AM
Geez. Must have been moving.

Glad I have side impact airbags.
Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:41 PM
damn sorry to hear. was he on JBO?
Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:21 PM
that's why you don't crash to begin with. suck for him for sure but the car didn't do it on its own.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:10 AM
7oh1customs-Vyto wrote:damn sorry to hear. was he on JBO?

not that I know.
Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:15 AM
Mike (Needs Boost) wrote:that's why you don't crash to begin with. suck for him for sure but the car didn't do it on its own.

True. My 22phone year old had a similar accident and wiped out a Hyundai sonata. Missed the pole by a couple feet. Most young drivers don't have practical experience needed to for situations like this. I would like to see driving schools cheap and easy to find.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:56 AM
Doesn't matter how good the side impact ratings are. When you have a focal point being directly on the driver side like that and at that speed to cause that much damage; no amount of airbags or impact ratings will save you
Friday, June 14, 2013 5:46 PM
I believe the jbodies had one of THE worst driver side crash ratings ever... a 1 out of 5 stars. all other areas were fine.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:05 PM
ex girlfriend got t boned twice in 2 jbodies, needless to say the first time the car was totaled, the second time i spent 20 hours pounding out the quarter panel and fitting a new door on it, still need to pull out the b pillar a few inches to get the door to close smoothly without slamming it.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:37 PM
Isnt that funny because most gm cars have good ratings. Look at the 2nd gens. They had 5 stars overall. Lowest was a 4 star for the driver side. GM did not do to good after the mid 90s with crash test. Look at the fiero they were the safest car gm ever made and one of the safests cars in the world at the time.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:09 PM
Sure, Fieros may have been safe crash wise, but the random electrical fires are a whole different issue

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search