CRUNCH!! - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CRUNCH!!
Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:10 PM
This is an update of my other post but this will be better...

Last Thursday (2/23/06) I was attepting to take a left on a really busy four lane road. I guy who was pulling into the parking lot, stopped and waved me out. I then proceeded to turn left when I saw a truck coming at me in the corner of my eye. I stop and a couple of seconds later, I was slammed. The guy who waved me through drove off to avoid the ticket and the girl that hit me was clueless on how to handle the situation. We pulled into the a lot across the street, waited for the cop. Good thing was, I wasn't cited.

Bent my strut. $3021.88 worth of damage. Shop says a week to fix it but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a month.

Re: CRUNCH!!
Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:18 PM
I'm surprised you weren't given a ticket. The law looks at it as they don't care how waived you where your still the one driveing so its your responcibility to make sure the road is clear. That said I'm glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 11:19 PM
Kevin Pecoraro wrote:\
Bent my strut. $3021.88 worth of damage. Shop says a week to fix it but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a month.

Good gravy.... that repair is worth more than my entire car!

Good luck man.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:41 AM
I'm also surprised that you weren't the one ticketed. I had the exact same thing happen to me a few years back, and I was cited with "failure to yield to oncoming traffic". It doesn't matter if someone stops to motion you out, in the end, you're responsible for making sure that there's nothing coming before you pull out. You got lucky with your damage though, my Z24 was totalled because for the most part the entire front end was totally ripped off. The woman who hit me was driving a Neon and she was going about 50 mph. Glad you're ok though.
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:08 PM
3 grand? damn. i ripped the front end off my cobalt, and needed a new headlight, bumper and grill, plus straightening the fender, plus paint, for 800 bucks. might try a different shop...

Hookah Hog and Hookah Whore TShirts! Presale discount! Click here for more details!
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:15 PM
well, i am sure insurance is paying for it, so it doesn't really matter, I would just take it somewhere that you are sure they know what they're doin

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:51 PM
thats an ass load of money man... i went into a ditch
bent my right front strut, punctured the radiator, bent the frame, bent the rear axle, and it was only aroun 2k... plus a new bumper and paint... removed dents from the hood
yeah man, that sucks, hope it gets fixed soon though

Saturday, April 29, 2006 1:30 PM
Jackalope wrote:I'm surprised you weren't given a ticket. The law looks at it as they don't care how waived you where your still the one driveing so its your responcibility to make sure the road is clear. That said I'm glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

I dont know what the laws are where you live but up here in NY its not that way. When we go through drivers ED, our 5 hour corse as well as my driving school for verizon we told to never ever wave someone through because if they get into an accident its your fault for giving them the all clear.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:08 PM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:3 grand? damn. i ripped the front end off my cobalt, and needed a new headlight, bumper and grill, plus straightening the fender, plus paint, for 800 bucks. might try a different shop...

suspension @!#$ is expensive

think, then alignment and all that.. it all takes time and labor which adds up fast

Friday, May 19, 2006 7:28 AM
dirty elf wrote:
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:3 grand? damn. i ripped the front end off my cobalt, and needed a new headlight, bumper and grill, plus straightening the fender, plus paint, for 800 bucks. might try a different shop...

suspension @!#$ is expensive

think, then alignment and all that.. it all takes time and labor which adds up fast

A bulk of the expence came from the frame shop. The girl hit me in the right spot. Bent my frame and my left strut, not to mention body work. My bumper is still crooked.
Friday, May 19, 2006 7:33 AM
Roscoe wrote:
Jackalope wrote:I'm surprised you weren't given a ticket. The law looks at it as they don't care how waived you where your still the one driveing so its your responcibility to make sure the road is clear. That said I'm glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

I dont know what the laws are where you live but up here in NY its not that way. When we go through drivers ED, our 5 hour corse as well as my driving school for verizon we told to never ever wave someone through because if they get into an accident its your fault for giving them the all clear.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search