jacked and smashed. - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
jacked and smashed.
Monday, July 24, 2006 9:51 PM
Never thought id have to post here.
I left my car at the shop that was installing my new tranny and clutch.
after leaving me without a car for 3 weeks and giving me the run around about money, the owner called me today and said that over the weekend someone had ripped off and stolen my drift front and black widow rear. After overcoming the general shock, i asked what he could do. he said nothing and that he was not responsible for anything. wouldnt even help me put my stocks back on. what gets me is why he knew my liscense plate was stolen and never called the cops about anything. so i worried all day about what shape my car was in. i went after work. the punks just ripped them off. smashed my clear corners and put an 8 inch gash in my right fender. so now i owe 2000 for the tranny and clutch and theres another 2000 in damage done to my car that no one will pay for. i dont have theft on my insurance because i already pay 410 a month in ontario.

this is just a really bad situation. i want to take him to small claims court just to get back what i lost and nothing more. i need a way to prove that he was at fault and catch him up in some loop holes.

and if i ever see a mofo driving a cavy around burlington with a drift front and a black widow rear with dual exhaust cutouts. you better hope your running skills are better than my beating skills.

pics tomorrow guys.

Re: jacked and smashed.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:29 AM
man sorry to hear that... just hope your car is fast enough to catch his... good luck on it all though

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:17 PM
Check out the paperwork the mechanic gave you and see if it says anything about them not being responsible for any damages.

If it says nothing about it, thenI believe they have to replace it.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:31 PM
didnt sign papers or anything, sort of a drop and go. and from what im reading about these laws, signage doesnt mean @!#$ in court.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 5:17 PM
do they have any signs post in the work place stating they are NOT responsible, if not, then you can call the cops and find out what can be done legaly! [cuz it could have been a inside job!]

Kardain wrote:Tonite on Fox:
When X's attack

Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:44 PM
Go to your local small claims court and see if you can get some free advice from a lawyer... I know here in New Brunswick they give free advice.

I say take it to court and get back what you deserve. (kit, and costs for install and other repairs)
Friday, August 04, 2006 4:50 PM
were any other cars there damaged/stolen from? diddn't he call the cops and at least get a police report on it. if he diddn't I would of.

I'm not to keen on canadian law but wouldn't such a thing be covered under HIS biusness/property insurance so he could easily reimburs you

this whole thing sounds fishy, if he told me there was nothing he could do and just tried to stick me with a busted car my exact words would of been "I'm sick of you, I'm calling the police, I'm getting a lawer"

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods
Monday, August 07, 2006 1:08 PM
i've NEVER been to a shop that DID NOT have sign posted saying something to the effect of "shop is NOT responsible for any damage/theft done to vehicle while on the property."

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:23 AM
Iv never been to shop that has had a sign up....In our area they take responseibility. Unless you do something stupid such as drop it off out side of the gate at night, and leave the keys in it and someone steals it....

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:53 AM
usually the only time a shop is responsible is if your car is locked inside the shop and someone breaks into the shop to steal stuff from your car.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 1:24 PM
Those signs don't mean @!#$! I used to work for a Buick dealership that had them allll over the place. A dude dropped off his 87 GNX for work the next day and when we came in all the GNX parts had been stolen. He called a lawyer and the dealership HAD to fix the car.

In Maryland when you hand over your car to a shop they are 100% responcible for it and if anything happens to it. I'd check your local laws and see if they are responcible or if they're just hoping you'd take it up the pooper without a fight.

Good luck.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 11:27 PM
that does suck...i know down here if they drop it off and we accept the keys we are responsible for anything that happens to thier ride..i would get a lawyer..
Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:33 AM
Why wouldn't the shop be responsible? If they are fixing it, they have control over it. Its not like the car owner should have to go and check on his car everyday and see if its fine. He can't keep an eye on it 24/7 while a shop is doing work on it. The car gets body parts stolen off it and physically damaged and the owner instantly says he can't do anything about it while its on his property?! With that mind set, just go to his shop, steal off another cars bumpers and lights and fix yours with it and tell him there isn't squat he can do, lol. Also, not sure if small claims does that. If you said there is $2000 worth of damage/stolen items, I believe small claims only does $1000 or less (in Illinois atleast), so you might want to look into that.
Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:03 AM
If they have your car in their posession there responsible for everything sign or not.

Threaten a lawyer if they don't fix everything. Then have the work checked over by another mechanic afterwards.

Vehicle was in their posession, its their responsibility. Theres nothing to say that they didn't steal them themselves...

As far as you know you dropped the car off and when you showed up the front and rear were missing as well as there being extensive damage to the car. He's telling you it was vandalized, doesn't necessarily make it true.

Think about it, there responsibile for all work done to the car, and any actions they take upon the car. Theres nothing to say someone didn't screw up and run your car into something while it was there.

-Chris

Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:57 AM
Sounds to me like the shop employees had plenty of time to jack your stuff...

Friday, January 12, 2007 3:47 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search