a wonderful november morning! - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a wonderful november morning!
Monday, November 06, 2006 5:26 AM
so i was on my way to work this morning, the dew was still fresh on the grass, albeit a bit frozen. the temperature was a crisp 30F. I stopped off at WAWA to enjoy some of their wonderful coffee. As i restarted my car, there was some hesitation, but she came to life on the second try, i laughed it off, as it was the first time so far that this has happened after 4 years of owning this car. to warm up, i turned on the heater, full heat, fan at 3/4. there was still some frost on the rear windshield, so i turned on the defogger and turned up the music in preparation for my 40+ minute drive to work. about 10 miles from the wawa, i came to a light, slowed down, and heard an odd POP, and the sound of glass shattering behind me... i looked in the rearview, thinking something had hit my car, perhaps a bird had gotten lost in the sun or some such random happenings... much to my surprise, i saw this...

it looks like im out for the price of a rear windshield and a day or two of work.
so watch yourselves out there kids, dont be too hasty to turn up the heat and the rear defogger on those cold winter mornings.

Re: a wonderful november morning!
Monday, November 06, 2006 5:34 AM
that sux dude, sorry to hear it, although comprehensive insurance should cover it

Monday, November 06, 2006 5:44 AM
so you think it was the heat not the music?
Monday, November 06, 2006 6:13 AM
it was the heat... I cracled the windshield of my toyota doing that, I had the car inside at work with the heat on letting ti get nice and warm, I pull out into the bitter cold, not even 5 minuts go by and kept hearing a poping... it was my windsheild psliting, little farther with every pop byt the time I realized what the hell was happen there was a crack along the bottom form a-pillar to a-pillar. Same thing happened in my friends BMW as well.

Monday, November 06, 2006 6:59 AM
jz wrote:so you think it was the heat not the music?

check out the new mythbusters they prove you cant shatter car windows with a subwoofer
plus im only running 300 watts to a single 12", not even enough to shake the car next to me

Monday, November 06, 2006 7:31 AM
catfish (gouda) wrote:
jz wrote:so you think it was the heat not the music?

check out the new mythbusters they prove you cant shatter car windows with a subwoofer
plus im only running 300 watts to a single 12", not even enough to shake the car next to me

maybe not a sub but with multipul subs its very possible

Monday, November 06, 2006 7:37 AM
that mythbusters was a whole load of !!!
first off no one would ever have a sub like that, 2nd the sub destroyed itself
with the right equipment you can easily blow out windows

Monday, November 06, 2006 3:50 PM
that sucks.....kinda glad I dont have rear de-frosters now......

Monday, November 06, 2006 7:57 PM
I've seen crazy stuff like this before. This guy came into my work for Service and was lost at what happend. He turned on his defroster and he smelled a burning smell. He said he had his windows tinted a few weeks ago. Well, if you looked at the back windshield under the tint, the ENTIRE window was shattered. It just hadn't fallen due to how well it was tinted. It was some crazy s*it.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 12:44 PM
yea its nice if you have tint cuz then the tint holds the window together

Friday, November 10, 2006 4:14 PM
Damn, I've been extremely lucky then. I've been doing this in MN winters for the past 6 years. How long should before it is safe to turn the rear defrost on?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search