Twin charged sunfire still lives on, even after the crash...(video/pics in side) - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Twin charged sunfire still lives on, even after the crash...(video/pics in side)
Monday, November 13, 2006 12:39 PM
engine mang!

Re: Twin charged sunfire still lives on, even after the crash...(video/pics in side)
Monday, November 13, 2006 2:45 PM
SEC-Z wrote:engine mang!

x2

Monday, November 13, 2006 3:01 PM
here is a few...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Monday, November 13, 2006 3:01 PM
ahah sorry for that HUGE one... i would change it but i can edit the post

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Monday, November 13, 2006 4:43 PM
Get 'er done! Loving the motor, dress it up a little!

Monday, November 13, 2006 7:33 PM
shoot, nothing a cavy front end wouldnt fix

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, November 13, 2006 7:55 PM
Now THATS what Im talking about man! Nice! God I'm jelous! Keep us posted on the insurance deal!

Monday, November 13, 2006 8:04 PM
Phewes wrote:Get 'er done! Loving the motor, dress it up a little!

yea when i put the new parts in the motor has to come out so i was going to clean every last wire, hose ect.. up ... add some carbon fiber
alittle bit of powdercoating ect... but like i said i only had it compleatly finished (tuned and every thing) for a week before i was hit... so once
it gets fixed im going to have the new part put in and dress it right up...

SpeedRacerZ wrote:shoot, nothing a cavy front end wouldnt fix

i actually wouldnt mind a cavlier front end... i like them better the the sunfire front... i want somthing like SEC-Z has on his (or the red cavy in his sig)
and the im putting a areogear sunfire rear end on soon... but ill get it fixed back to what it was first...

Monday, November 13, 2006 8:32 PM
What kind of times and horsepower did it have?

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Monday, November 13, 2006 9:04 PM
firstcar24 wrote:What kind of times and horsepower did it have?

well i didnt have it for any race nights here... only friday nights are race nights.. and i got it back on a Aug 19st which is a saturday
and then on Aug 25th which is the friday i left in the morning to drive to saskatoon (6hr drive from my home town) to visit my girl friends
dad and then it was Aug 26/27 i was hit (26th was sat and i was hit at like 1am sunday morning which is the 27th)

It did put down 231whp and 228lbs/tq @ 7psi on a Mustang dyno (about 240whp on a dyno jet) but i hit my peak hp at around 3700-4000rpm and
held it there with out droping off right up untill 7000rpm

i did how ever get a few races in though

- neighbours 2003 SVT cobra mustang... which i beat by a bit
- 2006 WRX which was pretty done up (not sure exact mods) beat him big time!
- g.fs dads C5 vette... beat it pretty good

Monday, November 13, 2006 9:07 PM
Yo man, while you have it pulled, polish EVERYTHING. It would look like a pearl sitting in there all polished up. It would be a hell of alot of work but it would be worth it. Throw in a few accents that are powdercoated like the cam covers and alternator housing, your SC bracket and your IC piping. everything else....POLISHED! now that would be a hot powerplant!

Monday, November 13, 2006 11:51 PM
SEC-Z wrote:Yo man, while you have it pulled, polish EVERYTHING. It would look like a pearl sitting in there all polished up. It would be a hell of alot of
work but it would be worth it. Throw in a few accents that are powdercoated like the cam covers and alternator housing, your SC bracket and your IC piping. everything else....
POLISHED! now that would be a hot powerplant!

oh you will see it will be shinny dont worrie

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:43 AM
nice man.. who helped out with the mods and the work on the car???

just riding around in the 4 door cav
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:49 AM
hope you get it fixed man it would be a shame to see all that work end like this

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:21 PM
Hard Hittin Cavy wrote:nice man.. who helped out with the mods and the work on the car???

i did all the work on the car my self... all the install and every thing... i had my old man help me pick out exactly what turbo would work
with this set up the best since he deals with compressors every day for work and has 2 turbod cars of his own.... but other then that i put the
kit togeather and on my self.. but there were times where it was nice to have a 2nd set of hands to put things on...

STREAKER1369 wrote:hope you get it fixed man it would be a shame to see all that work end like this

no worries no matter what happens she will be back on the road... she's not going any were i took every thing i could off and looked
at the damage my self... the worst part of it all is a bend control arm... thats it... absolutly zero damage to the frame/structure nothing is bent or kinked at all
the insurance company is making a big deal out of it because the air bags went off and they were told its $6000 just for the air bags/sensors
my guess with out the air bags the other damage at most is about $8000 thats like labor + parts + paint

Thursday, November 23, 2006 7:32 PM
id sit out in the drivway with a shotgun of they tried taking it
Thursday, November 23, 2006 7:46 PM
6 grand for airbags?!?! My airbags went off recently in a collision with some road debris, mind you i have 3 times as many airbags as you. My quote was 2,600$. And that included a new 17" wheel,tire,body work, airbags, and sensors

Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:02 PM
Set of Air Bags with PRS Computer off eBay: <$500
Install time is only a few hours. Realistically that can be fixed for around $1000. $6000 is a pile of @!#$.
99% Sure the sensors are alright, maybe the front one is jacked. Minimal cost anyway.
Their estimate on body work of $2000 sounds reasonable considering where it's coming from.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:42 PM
where in Alberta do you live I am here in saskatoon sk
Saturday, November 25, 2006 1:31 PM
Dude, if you want, I jsut pulled the airbags out of my car and I'd gladly send them to you. I put them up for sale in the classifieds today, but if you want tehm, let me know. I'll even send the steering wheel since the modules are different betweent he two. Mine's a 97, so I don't know if the harnesses are the same but if they are, and you want them, let me know. Anything to help one of the boys get back on the road, man.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 9:52 PM
any projection when it will be back on the road??? let me know.. i wanna have sex with it...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search