Almost died tonight - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Almost died tonight
Friday, December 01, 2006 9:11 PM
I was coming home from work tonight at about 6:40 pm (got off early due to plant inventory). I was less than a mile from home when I was hit by a deer on the drivers side. the deer came in the drivers window and hit me in the head with it's head. I was going 57mph when all this happened. I am a little groggy still, but walked (more stumbled and fell) away from the hit, and the car made it the mile home before I blacked out completely.

I'm not going to claim it on my insurance I don't think. this is my third incident this year, and my second deer hit. besides, after the pic you are about to see, you would also agree that they would total it.

sorry if some things are not sounding right, I'm a little groggy still from the vics and the massive hearache I have.

I know, my car doesn't match my sig...I am getting the kit (was paying Brian this week the pick up amount) so I could finally get the car looking nicer. I guess I'm going to be practicing my body working skills over the winter, what do you think?

Re: Almost died tonight
Friday, December 01, 2006 9:26 PM
damn that sucks. hopefully your ok!

V Dub wrote:"Portion control my ass. Good thing she's not a psychiatrist. Oh, your addicted to alcohol, oh you're addicted to crack? Well next time you get that crack rock...... just smoke half of it."

Friday, December 01, 2006 9:29 PM
dude... im so sorry... i hope it all works out ok...

Friday, December 01, 2006 9:33 PM
my head hurts, I got hit so hard in the head, that my seat broke... I feel like I got smacked in the head with a huge pillow.

I had glass in my ass crack...yes, it is worse than sand in the 'gina.

Friday, December 01, 2006 10:06 PM
sorry to hear about that.. ill keep a look out at the local yards. i seen this pic and was like wtf winter mode then read where you have got the kit yet. hope your ok though good luck

h&rs-rksport-magnaflow-ebc-stoptech-vss-jlaudio-jvc

Saturday, December 02, 2006 12:07 AM
good news for ya....that quarter can be saved...after that just a door and fender ain't a big deal. Glad to hear you're ok though!

Saturday, December 02, 2006 7:46 AM
damn dude....that totally sucks
Saturday, December 02, 2006 2:48 PM
today my neck hurts, and my face is all swollen on the left side. The car looks really bad in the daylight. I now know what needs done though. I hope the side skirt pieces are dealer items (the mounts) because I think the ones on the top are bent front and back.

the local yards have the mirror and the glass, and that's it. So, I'm on the prowl for some F1 fenders (might as well, since I'm replacing them anyway, right). and some b-pillar covers.

Sunday, December 03, 2006 6:38 PM
wow andy, that sucks. glad you're keeping it. your car is amazing. glad you're ok and hope everything turns out for the best

Sunday, December 03, 2006 8:54 PM
Emokidpsy wrote:wow andy, that sucks. glad you're keeping it. your car is amazing. glad you're ok and hope everything turns out for the best

Things look better now. I am going to drive the car to my parents house on Wednesday, and put it in the shop to start the teardown. Then, on Saturday or Sunday, I'm heading to Brians place with a trailer to get the other car. I'm going to strip the purple car, and the primer car. Then, I'll start removing the rear 1/4 of each. I hope to have the 1/4 off of both in one weekend, then, have it back on my car in one more weekend. I've got to price out the supplies for sanding down the purple car and spraying an epoxy coat on it. I guess if we keep the shop at like 65 or so, I could finish paint it in the shop myself. I plan on going with the paint scheme in my sig, and the kit should be on this winter. Paint will come at tax time, and hopefully the motor parts I had been planning on all year, but I kinda doubt it now, with all the work that needs to be done.

Since Brian has sold me the entire car, I may do some other mods to the purple Sunfire that I had always wanted to try. It's too early to tell right now. Of course I owe Brian big for this, and will always be in his debt. He didn't have to do this for me, and I'll gladly return the favor any time, he just has to name it.

I've got pics of the primer car I will post on the regional forum. Along with some more of my car in the dark (can't stand to look at it in the daylight, it brings tears to my eyes).

Monday, December 04, 2006 9:09 AM
yea i wouldnt be able to look at it in the light either. that night when my car got totaled my dad picked me up and we went the same way as the tow truck....followed behind my car for about a mile then when i went out to take everything out of the car it just sucked even worse...but atleast i got something good out of it. if you need anything just let me know. im pretty busy now(exams next week) but if i have time id love to come help out in any way i can

Monday, December 04, 2006 9:12 AM
ouch man, well glad your alright for the most part

Monday, December 11, 2006 12:25 AM
looks like that will rub right out

Good luck on the fix, make sure to post up progress pics.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, January 05, 2007 8:09 PM
F! fenders for sale from fellow member!

glad to hear you're alright... thought i would let ya know about jason trying to sell his F1's!

good luck on the rebuild!!

btw: i hate deer too!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:43 AM
Glad that you're okay, but it does suck about the car.

Forgive me but I do find it slightly humorous that you were head-butted by a deer at 57mph.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:17 AM
Slightly humorous? Its hilarious. Sorry about your head and car but what are the odds that a deer rams you in the head while driving a car? The damage doesn't look too bad, just hope you've gone to the hospital/doctor to get everything checked out. Good luck with the car, at least you have your work cut out for you.

Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:04 AM
If you need any help painting, let me know... depending on the situation at home I might be able to make a road trip

Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:47 AM
dude that sucks, i should have checked the forum earlier. I'm glad you decided to fix it, good luck how bout an update on it?

<~~~~PWN3D!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search