It's been fun, but it's over. :( - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: It's been fun, but it's over. :(
Monday, December 25, 2006 10:00 AM
thats really messed up man. sorry for the cav it was nice and I hope you a speedy recovery . I was wondering why I havent seen you lately on CRSX.

Monday, December 25, 2006 10:25 AM
damn man...glad to see your doin well...not a very good Xmas present that's 4sure~

as for selling ur kit, i'm sur you shouldn' thav ea prob..the urithane will go to hell and back and be just fine...you on the other hand might need more time...good luck dude

Monday, December 25, 2006 12:30 PM
Sucks dude, I loved your car! It's replaceable though, you're not.

Cavalier rollovers seem to vary quite a bit, my buddy managed to do this a few years ago, and walked away, never even went to the hospital. There wasn't a part salvageable, and one of his wheels is completely MIA after looking for it quite a few times.

Monday, December 25, 2006 1:12 PM
sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you're alright. i really liked that car! hope you get better soon and have a good xmas

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Monday, December 25, 2006 1:13 PM
Damn Joe!!! Your friend is VERY lucky indeed! My wheels were all still intact, except there was a big junk missing out of the passenger side front wheel that you can't see in the pictures.

I've been looking on autotrader and ebay for another 2000+ Z24 manual, but have only found one or two. I wouldn't mind to get another one at a pretty cheap price and transfer some of the parts if I could.

Monday, December 25, 2006 2:50 PM
Wow, glad your ok.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, December 25, 2006 4:02 PM
wow man definately lucky. glad your ok though....sad to see what happend to the cavy it was nice. good luck with recovery and keep your head up.
Monday, December 25, 2006 5:08 PM
damn that headgear has got to be a pain, thats a real shame that car was awesome

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, December 25, 2006 9:37 PM
Wow that sucks! More importantly you're still here today!

and

Sad to see the car like that!

Wow! now we can see how the WingsWest kit can hold up like that!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 6:57 AM
for falling asleep your very lucky , glad your ok

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:55 AM
Yeah, Wings West can't be touched...I've proved that and Crystal proved that when she flipped her green Cavalier.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Friday, December 29, 2006 12:12 AM
wow...... just wow......

.... and that headgear looks comfortable......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, December 31, 2006 7:45 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:wow...... just wow......

.... and that headgear looks comfortable......

Most comfortable thing ever. I think I'm just gonna wear it for a year or two...lol

As for a next car, we're stil lookin for a cheap 00+ Z24 (manual) this time, and swapping over all the parts that survived the rollover. Mainly engine parts.

Also thinking about buying my friends 05 RSX-S.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:39 AM
Finally got the car back to the house. Recharged the battery and it fired up...so that's great. Me and the old man will be pulling the engine sooner or later and it will be getting built while we try to find another Cavalier.

Sunday, January 21, 2007 11:11 PM
YAY, Im so glad you are ok and building another cav! Good luck man and come to KY sometime. Have a redbull first

Monday, January 22, 2007 12:58 PM
ive got a 97 and 00 sedan's for sale , both are 2.4 auto's , loaded

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:41 PM
I was lookin for a sedan like yours Aaron...5spd and all. No luck. And thanks 97trd...heading to Knoxville this weekend to pick up the new shell.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:43 PM
I meant that I wanted a 5spd sedan...hard to come by though.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:25 PM
ive got everything to swap a 5spd into mine

mounts , trans , frame mounts , pedals , all the clutch stuff , cables shifter , console , pcm and engine harness , and complete in-car harness from a coupe

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:52 PM
I *had* a '02 Silver LS Sport Sedan w/ a 5 speed....... now its nothing more then a twisted shell

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, February 01, 2007 9:02 AM
[quote=97trd(???™)]ive got everything to swap a 5spd into mine

mounts , trans , frame mounts , pedals , all the clutch stuff , cables shifter , console , pcm and engine harness , and complete in-car harness from a coupe

Thanks, but the time and work involved in that kinda swap isn't worth my time. Plus, arn't you out in AZ?

Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:52 AM
yup im in az , figured id toss it out there

woulda bee nice to see someone finish what im not going to be able to do , build a 00 2.4 Z sedan 5spd

i started the swap , but never finished

even though a 5spd prob woulda slowed the car down , the auto and s/c make a great pair

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:54 AM

Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:18 PM
Well thanks for the throwin it out there. If you we were closer, I'd really consider the sedan, but gotta work with what I got.

I had fun with the auto tranny + the m45...now I wanna see how much funner it is with a 5spd (plus a good build and tune)!

Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:28 PM
yeah i know what ya mean

i will say i have more fun driving mine , than the g/fs eco 5spd s/c , 1st gear goes by way to quick , plus mine is quicker

my best is a 14.36 @ 95 , im not sure what size pulley is on my proto type s/c , but it will be on my 5spd coupe with a fully built motor , i wouldnt be selling my sedans , but the g/f has a gtp sedan , so we got to many cars , lol

you will enjoy the 5spd with the s/c , good luck with the new project !!!

Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:10 PM
Thanks! Good luck with yours as well.

The only thing I'm really worried about is HPT...I know I almost have to have it to squeeze the max potential outta the m45, but I'm clueless when it comes to tuning! That and there isn't many choices as to where to go to get tuned...even then, most places around here would look at the car and see its a Cavalier and laugh and refuse to tune it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search