Totaled - Damn drunk drivers! - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Totaled - Damn drunk drivers!
Saturday, September 15, 2007 3:01 AM
I know a few people on here have had their experiences with drunk drivers but tonight was my night. We left the bar and my friend who wasn't drinking drove home. On our way home some drink #@$ crossed over and came straight on towards us doing 35 mph. My friend swerved into the opposite but had to come back because other cars were coming. Then BAM, next thing I know I am looking at my air bag, checking my limbs and making sure I am ok. My drive was fine and we both walked out of the car. My other friend in the back seat jammed his leg (damn cavy back seats) and was taken away by EMTs

We just got home now from getting my friend from the hospital now.

So here is there kicker most of you might know about, a fellow member acidburn is getting married tmww and I am in his wedding. Now I am out a car because of that bithc. Rob if you read this don't worry, already talked to the insurance and I am getting a rental in a few hours.

So anyways on with the few camera phone pix.

Well the air bags went off, front end is totaled and the windshield is smashed. I am willing to say that it is totaled. The other driver is %100 at fault so I will heal up and start looking for a new car. Yes I am very thankful to my friend for his best driving and been thanking GOD that we all walked away

Thanks all for caring.

Re: Totaled - Damn drunk drivers!
Saturday, September 15, 2007 3:14 AM
Sucks to see that man, glad everyone made it out of the crash well. Seems that these cavaliers are actually built pretty well, i've seen way to many ugly crashes that people walked away from that they shouldn't have. Good luck!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, September 15, 2007 3:25 AM
damn. i @!#$ hate drunk drivers.

one smashed my coby last year too. he took off though, never caught.

glad your alright

Saturday, September 15, 2007 4:14 AM
glad your okay.

i'm one of those that walked away from a crash the state trooper said, "you should be dead.. but your okay." guess j-bodies are good for wrecks

save those wheels for your next j-body

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...
Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:10 AM
sorry to hear.. glad your ok.... id be pushing for a nice settlement from this..... @!#$in drunks

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Saturday, September 15, 2007 8:01 PM
Sew (sp?) the mother @!#$ out of this guy!!!

Make him never want to take a drink again!!!!!

Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:42 PM
Or make him an alcoholic... Thats too bad man, atleast you wernt driving. Smart move on your behalf. Im sure everything will turn out good.
Monday, September 17, 2007 12:21 PM
Well just check my claim online, "car is being deemed a total loss". I am still waiting to find out what the police report said and if they had insurance (man I really hope they did). I did get a 4 door LS Cobalt for my rental for the next few days hehehe. Swelling of my shoulder and my neck from the seat belt has gone down and I finally got some sleep in after going to the wedding with only 1 hour of sleep.

I am going to get my 91 S10 reinspected this week and I think I going to drive that for a while until everything get settled. Just sucks my car was less then a year until it was paid off.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:33 PM
Update and pictures.

Well ladies and Gents my car is officially totaled. I met with the adjuster today and he totaled my car, also gave me the value of what is was worth. Good news is that while he was looking over the car, he gave me permission to swap out my intake for the stock air box (lucky I still had all the parts) and I also was able to put in the stock radio and get mine out, plus I got my amps but left the speakers (two were blown)

Here are the final pictures of my car, tear tear. So long old buddy!

Those hoses are from my air horn that was destroyed

You can see how bad my door was off, this was the door I got out of!!
Sunday, September 23, 2007 9:56 AM
That really sucks... Any ideas on what you'll be getting?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search