Coquihalla-1, Cavi-0 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coquihalla-1, Cavi-0
Monday, December 24, 2007 7:35 PM
well i was heading to the coast to see my folks for christmas yesterday, and the road got real bad, lots of snow, they actually closed the highway shortly after my mishap, i was coming around a curve not to fast or anything and hit some ice under the snow and slush and the ass kicked out, and i corrected but as i was trying to get the car heading streight again it must have got a little traction and whipped the car back the other way hard, but i managed to keep it pointing forward, but it got a little too close to the edge of the road and the right front cought the snowbank and it just sucked me in spun me 180 degrees and rolled me onto my roof at the bottom of the the embankment about 10 feet down, roof is caved, driver door and fender are wrinkled, hood has a little damage and the windshield is destroyed, was stuck inside for about 10 min trying to get the door open until someone came to help because it was buried under so much snow, i just got back home with the car and its dark, so i will take some pics in the morning and post them, but it was a sad day, hopefully its repairable.

Re: Coquihalla-1, Cavi-0
Tuesday, December 25, 2007 3:45 PM
ok as promised heres some pics:

Before:

After:

i think its fixable, but still blows.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 10:09 PM
That sucks dude, hope its repairable and not too expensive to fix...

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:14 AM
honestly for being rolled it doesnt look bad at all. new windshield and fender for now. later on down the road you can get the dents knocked out of the roof and your good.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:14 AM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:honestly for being rolled it doesnt look bad at all. new windshield and fender for now. later on down the road you can get the dents knocked out of the roof and your good.

agreed , you musta barely rolled over since both mirrors are still sitting correctly

Thursday, December 27, 2007 12:20 PM
the reason the damage isnt so bad is there was between 3 and 4 feet of snow up there not including all the snow the plow shoved over, so it was a pretty soft landing, the windshield wasnt actually broken on first landing, it broke when the tow truck was rolling the car back on its wheels

Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:32 AM
icbc will most likely write it. the roof being dented "compromises the structural integrity of the car"

watch for flying sparks!!!
Monday, December 31, 2007 4:08 PM
I dont think it will be a write off. The frame is still fine, its only the same as someone walking on your roof. Shouldn;t be a hard or expensive fix.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 12:56 AM
i unfortunatly didnt have collision, so icbc wont cover it anyways, so im not letting them look at it, im fixing it myself, got the windshield done, popped the roof closer to what it should be, and pulled the fender out and bent it back into shape sorta so i can open the door, i cant belives how flimsy the sheet metal is on these things, lol im used to the old iron lol, but at least its driveable now, just dented lol

Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:45 PM
Damn unlucky man, at least your ok. I know how you feel, I was travelling across the same highway with the family a few months back in an 04 jeep liberty, hit some black ice spun us across the highway just missing the central wall and hit a little gulley which put us on 2 wheels for a second then came to rest on the oposite side of the highway facing the way they were travelling. Luckily no cars where coming the oposite way at the exact time. Result - Rear wheel snaps off taking half the brake with it but its all repaired now. and everyone was ok.
Not a nice feeling aye? but at least your ok and hopefully you can fix the cav too.?

(99 - Sunfire - Red - 2200)(95 - Cavalier z24 - Purple - 2.3 quad four)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search