Back in a GM "Sport Compact" - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Back in a GM "Sport Compact"
Tuesday, February 03, 2015 5:30 PM
So I am back and in a 2011 Cruze LTZ/RS with a 1.4L Turbo. Got rid of the fusion as it was kind of a POS...

Day of and day after purchase

Recently got it tinted.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: Back in a GM "Sport Compact"
Tuesday, February 03, 2015 9:38 PM
Looks good! White does seem to set the car off well....

Looking at a Cruze myself....was a bit iffy with the turbo, but swinging more toward it now....

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Tuesday, February 03, 2015 9:58 PM
It's okay, just be aware of the earlier ones having some coolant leak issues, water pump failure, coolant return line that leaks at the water neck on the right side of the cylinder head. The water pump has 10yr 150K warranty.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, February 04, 2015 4:09 AM
The01Cav wrote:It's okay, just be aware of the earlier ones having some coolant leak issues, water pump failure, coolant return line that leaks at the water neck on the right side of the cylinder head. The water pump has 10yr 150K warranty.

This.

Sounds like you've already done your research but... tuning the transmission will make you very happy. GM really screwed up the shift points from the factory. I'd also suggest pulling the plugs and checking the gap. From the factory a lot of them had inconsistent gaps that were way bigger than they should have been.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: Back in a GM
Wednesday, February 04, 2015 6:54 AM
Nice looking car. I've always liked them since they came out. I definitely agree with tuning the shift points.

Anyone wanna place bets on how many sets of rims this car will go through?

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 6:57 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:Anyone wanna place bets on how many sets of rims this car will go through?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, February 05, 2015 2:39 PM
Haha, not too many wheel choices, it's a 5x105 bolt pattern. I honestly haven't found a wheel that i've found that I liked yet.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, February 06, 2015 5:28 AM
When I was considering getting a Cruze, I was wondering how much would need to be changed and if it's possible to convert them to 5x110 as a bolt-on swap. I never looked into it, but my gut tells me it's possible. Not sure if the hubs are interchangeable, and if not, if the knuckles are, etc...I'd still be curious to see if it can be done.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:03 AM
I should make hubs with 5x100 or 5x110 for the cruze....hum.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:18 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I should make hubs with 5x100 or 5x110 for the cruze....hum.
You may do well if you can sell them, but I would bet there is a way to do it with most, if not all, off-the-shelf parts.

The fronts may already be a simply hub swap, but if not, I bet a knuckle swap from an Epsilon or Delta would do it.

The rears may accept the Epsilon hubs, too. I've just never looked into it more.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:57 AM
5x110 would be a waste IMO, unless you want stock Cobalt SS wheels.

That pattern never offered much for me.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 11:56 AM
The01Cav wrote:

Cruze really is a nice looking car - I just wish they had a fast one . . . but at least the factory wheels are decent - I actually really like the ones on your ride.

Joe Schulte wrote:5x110 would be a waste IMO, unless you want stock Cobalt SS wheels.
That pattern never offered much for me.

I agree - I'd go with a 5x114.3 if you're going to take the time to make them. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay more options.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:06 PM
I'm a fan! The RSs look great from the factory. What mods are you planning?

Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:17 AM
5 x 114.3 would probably be better.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, March 03, 2015 4:56 AM
96S1 wrote:Cruze really is a nice looking car - I just wish they had a fast one
Agreed. I really think the LTZ should have had the LP9 engine on an F40 trans.

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 9:59 AM
vibenvy wrote:I'm a fan! The RSs look great from the factory. What mods are you planning?
I second this! Plus having the z-link rear (missing on the eco and LS models) is a huge plus in the ride/handling department. I really wish this entire package (LTZ/RS) came in manual.
Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:26 PM
Got some new wheels on the car yesterday, 18x8 Matte Graphite Sparco Assetto Gara wheels. Next mods will be painted calipers and Eibach Pro-Kit.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, May 22, 2015 6:01 PM
Your suck a rim whore. Not that I'm complaining.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Saturday, May 23, 2015 7:54 PM
New car and new wheels look great! I really like what they did with the exterior of the Cruze.

If I was in the market, it would definitely be on the list.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:37 PM
Well I have since installed some new rubber and brakes on the cruze. I also have a Diablosport Diablotune "93 octane tune". Brakes are Powerstops, Tires are 245/40zr18 General G-Max AS-03

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, October 07, 2015 5:43 PM
Looking great! I'm surprised you didn't paint the calipers though.

I'm currently collecting parts to upgrade the brakes on my Vibe. I'll be using Power Stop rotors and pads.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 8:17 PM
Welp thats a wrap, sold it to a dealership last night. I was tired of all of the constant issues with it. I ended up getting my Grandfathers truck/Fathers truck from my mother since it's just done nothing but sat for a bunch of years.

It's a 2001 GMC Sierra SL with the 4.3L and auto trans. It has a whopping 35,000 miles on it lol.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:49 PM
What were the problems you had with said car?

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:55 PM
AC compressor, waterpump leak, PCV issue which requires a valve cover and intake manifold replacement. Trans had an intermittent shudder when taking off from a stop. Also found out the car was in a decent accident in the left rear. Kept having a issue with it cutting boost and going into limp mode. Exterior trunk switch didnt work. Headliner was starting to peal.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, January 13, 2016 7:23 AM
Nice Truck, It'll last forever as long as you keep ahead of the rust.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search