Wideband 02 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wideband 02
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:40 PM
I'm planning on getting a wideband 02 sensor in the next week or two. Do i have to anything besides switching it out and doing a little rewiring?

Also which do you guys recommend me getting. I wouldn't mind getting one with a LED gauge, but i don't want to go spending everything over 300 dollars on it.

Re: Wideband 02
Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:47 PM
michael cassatt wrote:I'm planning on getting a wideband 02 sensor in the next week or two. Do i have to anything besides switching it out and doing a little rewiring?

Also which do you guys recommend me getting. I wouldn't mind getting one with a LED gauge, but i don't want to go spending everything over 300 dollars on it.
What do you mean by switching it out? You should not be switching anything out.... You should be installing the WB o2 in a new bung (most of the time provided with the kit). Also, what is your reasoning by getting a WB o2? Are you going to be tuning it? I don't see many performance mods in your profile, so I am wondering why you are installing a WB....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:41 PM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:
michael cassatt wrote:I'm planning on getting a wideband 02 sensor in the next week or two. Do i have to anything besides switching it out and doing a little rewiring?

What do you mean by switching it out? You should not be switching anything out.... You should be installing the WB o2 in a new bung (most of the time provided with the kit). Also, what is your reasoning by getting a WB o2? Are you going to be tuning it? I don't see many performance mods in your profile, so I am wondering why you are installing a WB....

Agreed.

If you are set on tuning though, lots of people go with the Innovative LC-1 (link: http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/innovate-standalone-gauge-kit-lc1-blue-db-gauge-3795-p-153.html). Some people also go with the AEM. Both are in the 200 dollar neighborhood.

I like the LC-1 because it has two outputs, and you can set one to simulate the factory narrowband. So you can screw the wideband into the stock narrowband location and run the sim. narrowband output to the purple wire.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:42 PM
Saturday, May 01, 2010 2:02 PM
Quote:

you can set one to simulate the factory narrowband

I thought this didn't work on our cars for some reason. Have you actually done it?

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Saturday, May 01, 2010 2:54 PM
Shawn McKenzie wrote:
Quote:

you can set one to simulate the factory narrowband

I thought this didn't work on our cars for some reason. Have you actually done it?

Not yet, but I plan on it. I have about 4 friends who have done it on their cars with no issues. You can set the output of the narrowband channel to whatever you want. Narrowbands are all the same, so I don't believe I will have any issues.
Saturday, May 01, 2010 7:55 PM
PJ has a thread up as to how to make the LC1 work as a narrow band....

my tuner told me in terms of accuracy, stay away from Innovate and go with AEM...

he did however say that the NTK is the most accurate but does not come in a standard pillar pod gauge size

Sunday, May 02, 2010 7:10 AM
Speedline02 (GME Chat!!) wrote:PJ has a thread up as to how to make the LC1 work as a narrow band....

my tuner told me in terms of accuracy, stay away from Innovate and go with AEM...

he did however say that the NTK is the most accurate but does not come in a standard pillar pod gauge size

It is funny, I am on a few different forums, and everyone else LOVES Innovative. I guess some people here have had bad luck.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:20 PM
NTK is the OE oxygen sensor used by most auto makers, NTK rep was in our store the other day, so I hope its accurate.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search