Interest for a New Tuning with HPT Guide Sticky - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Interest for a New Tuning with HPT Guide Sticky
Saturday, May 22, 2010 3:35 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:This is a great idea!!!

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:03 PM
Cavie Freak aka E-Thug wrote:Do it but you might want to bounce all the info off the all knowing professional 3 college degree holding David Jackman before posting it hahahahhaa.

Sorry I I had to but I say do it even though i don't own a J I would like to see more good info posted to help the future generations out.

this got me to sit and read that thread.... and now i contributed

Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:52 AM
This is a wonderful idea, it would be great to have an expert guide. It would save countless hours of having to sift through the garbage.

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 1:35 PM
Great Idea

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:19 PM
Hmm good idea, but i will leave in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing, WORTH EVERY PENNY

Ryan FTW!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:38 AM
Ryan do it!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:21 AM
Def Interested In This

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Thursday, May 27, 2010 5:17 AM
GO for it, I think your the perfect man for the job Ryan, if you can't explain it all in basics for us than no-one can.

Friday, May 28, 2010 7:43 PM
This would be excellent to have.
I can do the basics but with the Cavy finally hitting the ground, I'm ready for actual VE tuning which has me a little mystified on exactly how to do it.
Like anything, I'll learn it but to have some knowledgeable help from others that have been there would be an asset.
Subscribed and listening intently to see how this goes.

Thanks Phat.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, May 28, 2010 8:03 PM
This could eventually be a bible for all of us!!
Not much knowledge on tuning here but interested for down the road. Sub'd!

Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:36 AM
**Update** I am working on this, although its taking longer than expected due to me being busy as hell... It will get done though!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:52 AM
^^Thank you for taking your time.
Monday, May 31, 2010 8:49 PM
Vic28 wrote:^^Thank you for taking your time.

x2
Tuesday, June 01, 2010 9:44 PM
get your passport and i will give you a bit of a vacation so you can get away and have time to do stuff

Friday, June 04, 2010 5:08 AM
Thanks Ryan!

Saturday, June 05, 2010 5:54 PM
I'm really interested, I'm currently getting good at tuning my Cobalt SS/SC, I started taking a look at my girlfriend's Cavalier Z24 and found it was *completely* different.
No MAF for sure, that's OK, but even tuning the VE is different,
5 tables
working with throttle position instead of MAP
single/double fire tables (what is that?!)
alcohol tables in spark tables
Seems like tuning without a wideband is much harder, (I have one in my SS but don't want to transfer it in the Cavalier just for tuning it a bit.
Saturday, June 05, 2010 8:40 PM
Jerome Poulin wrote:I'm really interested, I'm currently getting good at tuning my Cobalt SS/SC, I started taking a look at my girlfriend's Cavalier Z24 and found it was *completely* different.
5 tables
Seems like tuning without a wideband is much harder, (I have one in my SS but don't want to transfer it in the Cavalier just for tuning it a bit.
Yes,they are completely different as far as approach... Hope to get this done soon, just been really busy... Got a good start though!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 05, 2010 8:47 PM
Exactly what i have been looking for on the site, thanks for the hard work & effort! subscribed for the end result!

CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/TMald123
Saturday, June 05, 2010 8:52 PM
Jerome Poulin wrote:I'm really interested, I'm currently getting good at tuning my Cobalt SS/SC, I started taking a look at my girlfriend's Cavalier Z24 and found it was *completely* different.
5 tables

They are very different, but regardless I would never tune fuel tables without a wideband. LSJ's have factory wideband so that is cool.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 06, 2010 7:24 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:

They are very different, but regardless I would never tune fuel tables without a wideband. LSJ's have factory wideband so that is cool.
LNF's have a factory WB, LSJ's don't..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, June 06, 2010 10:38 AM
I recently got tuned and my tuner (who knows a lot) admitted my ECU was way different than what he usuallly deals with - LS1's and other GM V8's. I feel I should have got at least 10 more whp. Something about only two tables? I am thinking there is a little more to HPT PRO that he doesn't know about with my ECU? So very interested in how to really tune my ECU. Thanks

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Sunday, June 06, 2010 11:10 AM
02ECOTECIMPORTKILLER wrote:I recently got tuned and my tuner (who knows a lot) admitted my ECU was way different than what he usuallly deals with - LS1's and other GM V8's. I feel I should have got at least 10 more whp. Something about only two tables? I am thinking there is a little more to HPT PRO that he doesn't know about with my ECU? So very interested in how to really tune my ECU. Thanks
I get that alot. I can't even count how many times I have had people bring me their Jbodies for a retune after leaving well know shops. The problems are that our PCMs have limited tables available for us to modify. To top that off, most of these other tuners/shops are not used to working with Alpha N either. Pretty much, they get in a hurry, don't look at the axis labeling, and throw numbers at it to get on to the next job. Sad, but true.... Also, if anybody tells you that they "know it all" , walk away... I will be the first to admit I am always learning new approaches to achieve the propper goal. You must be able to look at the equation, decipher how to solve it, and be open minded about it.. That is the key to being a good tuner..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, June 06, 2010 3:08 PM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:

LNF's have a factory WB, LSJ's don't..

Your right I'm always confusing the 2.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 6:15 PM
im very excited for this! thank you so much for taking your time to help all of us out with this!
cant wait for progress!

Thursday, June 17, 2010 11:01 AM
Yeah I cannot wait for this Ryan knows his stuff.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search