New Wideband...Innovate Motorsports MTX-L - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Wideband...Innovate Motorsports MTX-L
Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:07 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:email Karo for a price on one. I got my last wideband from him cheaper than anyone else ever could.
sales@allecotec.com

mines not that old but i would seriously consider getting this one to replace my xd-16

I could just call him. lol

yeah i go that route too. sometimes its easier to just email him. i know he i swamped.

and i think innovate has always been better AEM due to the ability to tie into HPT. this gauge looks great.

AEM ties directly into HPT... I've never had a problem with mine, plus it never needs to be calibrated.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards

Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:08 AM
Alex Richards wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:email Karo for a price on one. I got my last wideband from him cheaper than anyone else ever could.
sales@allecotec.com

mines not that old but i would seriously consider getting this one to replace my xd-16

yeah i go that route too. sometimes its easier to just email him. i know he i swamped.

and i think innovate has always been better AEM due to the ability to tie into HPT. this gauge looks great.

AEM ties directly into HPT... I've never had a problem with mine, plus it never needs to be calibrated.

Which means it may or may not be right ever.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:39 PM
So whats the benefit of this over say the xd-16 setup??

I currently have a xd-16 but not installed yet.
Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:28 PM
Its cheaper. The extra speed and accuracy really don't matter all much. the xd16 also had the serial confection got the gauge and I'm not sure this new gauge has that.

Friday, February 25, 2011 4:03 PM
Leafy wrote:
Alex Richards wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
sales@allecotec.com

Which means it may or may not be right ever.

Wrong, there are two types of Wideband Sensors, Zirconia, which are the type in the AEM which only need to be calibrated ONCE in their life time with a calibration resistor at the factory, and titania type, which are used in the Innovates... Titania are faster, (which in auto applications means bubkus... Since your talking response times in the micro seconds) however need to be constantly recalibrated.

Which one do the OEM manufacturers use in all their Air fuel sensor systems on stock vehicles including the TC Cobalts? Zirconia, because it is more accurate over it's entire lifetime and does not need to be calibrated.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:15 AM
^^ This. That was the selling point for me on the AEM - not having to calibrate. The aem also plays just fine with HPT - just tweak the offset for each individual sensor and you're good to go.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 2:08 PM
i still like being able to calibrate mine. Just gives me that peace of mind and its not hard to do and takes a few minutes of my time.

Friday, September 23, 2011 7:36 PM
Update on this anyone?

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, September 23, 2011 8:05 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Update on this anyone?

What are you looking for?

My friend got this wideband. Worked great, and used it with HPT, had to do a small voltage offset.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 23, 2011 9:27 PM
Mine seemed to work great for the 30 miles my engine ran, haha. Nice an compact as well.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:57 AM
I can get AEM units for $155 shipped to your door.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:49 AM
my AEM cost me 300 CDN and i wouildn't switch it at all
i wired a pigtail (spoiler brake light plug) beside my OBDII port and put the male part of that pigtail on the HPT modual so its all quick link when i need it

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:39 AM
NOTa2_4 wrote:my AEM cost me 300 CDN and i wouildn't switch it at all
i wired a pigtail (spoiler brake light plug) beside my OBDII port and put the male part of that pigtail on the HPT modual so its all quick link when i need it

$300 CDN? holy @!#$ man.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:39 PM
I have this wideband, it works great.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Monday, September 26, 2011 4:00 AM
IBuddy has it in his civic as well. Works great.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, November 21, 2011 4:56 PM
How do you hook it up to hp tuners?

Monday, November 21, 2011 5:00 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:How do you hook it up to hp tuners?

It has a wire coming off of it just like a LC-1. It then connects to the datalogger box.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 21, 2011 5:46 PM
Cool thanks!

Monday, November 21, 2011 8:53 PM
i have found that there is an error between the gauge and the log in hp tuners. Since hp tuners doesnt have this wideband in its database i am using the lc1. Maybe thats it.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Monday, November 21, 2011 9:04 PM
Having to use a correction factor to get them to log correctly is pretty normal with widebands.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:25 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Having to use a correction factor to get them to log correctly is pretty normal with widebands.

X2.

It is called voltage offset.

FU Tuning

Sunday, December 11, 2011 6:43 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Transporter7220 wrote:Having to use a correction factor to get them to log correctly is pretty normal with widebands.

X2.

It is called voltage offset.

how do u do it?

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Sunday, December 11, 2011 6:54 PM
Basically you add or subtract whatever offset you need to the equation in your histogram that converts the 0-5V signal into an Air Fuel ratio. If you search around HPTuners forums there are a few how to's.

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:13 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Basically you add or subtract whatever offset you need to the equation in your histogram that converts the 0-5V signal into an Air Fuel ratio. If you search around HPTuners forums there are a few how to's.

Exactly. On the HPT forum you can download a excell spreadsheet that tells you how to do it, as well as helps you figure out what number to put in for the offset.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 12, 2011 5:25 AM
spread sheet?

with innovate you should just need to go into the innovate controler, have it output a specific voltage no matter what the actual AFR is (you can make it do this bu setting the high and low afr voltages to the same number) then log once the wide band is up and compare the voltage you got at hpt with the voltage you should have been getting and add or subtract the same amount from the number that adds in your custom wideband pid (mine is 10, is should be the same as the lowest number that displays on your wideband gauge in hpt).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search