Megasquirt tuners in Michigan? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:51 PM
Looking to get my car tuned. Wondering if anyone knew a good place...

Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:13 PM
Where at in Michigan?
Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:46 PM
I'm up in the thumb...I called Baker Engineering, and they said they could do it. The downfall is Nunica is about 4 hours from, and I really dont want to make that far of a drive. I'm going to call around more tomorrow though.
Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:53 PM
Baker is very good. Livernois motorsport and motor city speed are also decent.
Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:11 PM
I can tune it I live in Royal Oak mi

Friday, May 06, 2011 6:57 AM
Experience?
Friday, May 06, 2011 9:55 AM
I would have my buddy that is a head engineer for DART do it. He lives 2 miles from me and knows everything there is to know about megasquirt, i converted my j to hp tuners when I swapped a 04 drivetrain.

Let me know

THANKS

Friday, May 20, 2011 7:53 PM
I guess you got your answer and then didn't like it and left?????

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:18 PM
Just been busy with work, and I was still looking around, sorry. It wasn't like that at all man. I called Speed Industry, and they said they could do it. They've been jerking me around for a few weeks now though, telling me they will call back and never do. Now I guess they have to check and make sure they can tune Megasquirt. This @!#$ is getting real old, real fast. What are the chances and price of him just coming up here and tuning? It'd be easier than me loading it up in the trailer and driving down there.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:34 PM
He is not going to come all the way to bad axe. If you came down here I could set up a day where he would help you tune it. Speed Industry is a good spot and I know the owners and guys that work there, its also 5 miles from my house but sounds like they do not want to bother with it to be honest, have they told you a price? They are expensive.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:32 PM
Dude, honestly go bother someone else. You're not even helping me...at all. Plus you drive a @!#$ 95 Sunfire with lambo door. Get the @!#$ outta here.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:23 PM
Aaron

lets touch on a few things here that I don't think you understand.....

1. I personally know the owners of the place you wanted to go ... there tuning packages start at 500.00, were you aware of this?

2.My guy that was going to tune it is 50 yrs old and designs alky engines for one of the best engine companies in the us and would not drive all the way to Bad Axe without knowing you and to merely help you tune your car as he has better things to do like machining parts for people on here that have bought them in return making money.

3.My "pos sunfire" in your eyes has more money in the engine than your whole car ,and doesn't have lambo doors or look like that picture anymore check out my build sheet for that one. actuall has a fully built eco with a saab kit.

4. I have been a member on here for over 10 years and you came on in 2010, so I will act like you know everything and you were the one asking for help right?

You will never get any help from anyone on here if these are your responses to someone that takes time to offer tuning to you in return for nothing.

I will make sure that if you are at a J-bom meet or around Woodward where we hang out down here that you understand this first hand.

With that being said I will quit wasting my time trying to help you tune your car..... Sorry I tried to help.

Friday, May 27, 2011 3:24 AM
Aaron Booms wrote:Dude, honestly go bother someone else. You're not even helping me...at all. Plus you drive a @!#$ 95 Sunfire with lambo door. Get the @!#$ outta here.

LOL @ This response. It shows that you like it in or around your mouth, seriously.

But seriously, MS is easy to tune by yourself. Just make sure that you keep the minimum step size on the IAC set to 1 at all times.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, May 27, 2011 3:27 PM
Mr. Jason Norwood,

1. I dont care who you know. I know a lot of people too. My father built a S10 Xtreme with a fully built Eco in it. It completely blows your build out of the water. It was ran low 10's and was completely steet legal, and he now is doing a similar build in a full drag car; and expects to run 8's. Also he origianally built that over 3 years ago, hes not new to this stuff either, nor am I. I've personally meet Russ O'Blenes, and he personally gave my father and I a tour of GM Performance. (If you're even aware of who that is.) And that is a typical dyno tuning price.

2. Why should I waste my time driving all the way down to have a guy that MIGHT be able to tune my car? Honestly Id rather have it dyno tuned professionally. I thought you were trying to help out, but obivously that isnt the case.

3. If thats true...then you're a fuking idiot for dumping that much money into a sunfire. My car is easily worth over 7k, sorry. The car itself is worth 5k. So eat @!#$.

4. I don't care, congratulations.

5. I was polite, and in return you were nothing but rude, and cocky. You are a piece of feces.

6. I dont respect you at all, and you will never make me respect. If you think different, Id like to see you try.

7. @!#$ off.

8. Thank "shooff" for making you and the rest of forum look more ignorant.
Friday, May 27, 2011 5:32 PM
lol funny...... not worth my time......

carry on you pos

Friday, May 27, 2011 5:40 PM
oh and it does sound like you do like di(k in your mouth by the way!

Continue to make those statements about " the people on the forum" and shooff and myself ......

Saturday, May 28, 2011 8:38 AM
I know these forums mainly consist of people like you, and shooff. I respect the few polite, helpful such as Wagonwes. Thanks for your help by the way Wagonwes.
Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:38 AM
Aaron Booms wrote:I know these forums mainly consist of people like you, and shooff. I respect the few polite, helpful such as Wagonwes. Thanks for your help by the way Wagonwes.

Seeing your predicament, I figured I would speak up. I actually have tuned a couple cars on Megasquirt (turbo), and would not mind tuning for you. Only thing is that I have been very busy lately and probably wouldn't have time for at least a month or two. If you can't get things figured out, shoot me a PM and maybe we can discuss some options.
Sunday, May 29, 2011 2:00 PM
wes... you live in white lake? thats close havent seen you or your car around, i live close do you go to j-bom meets?

Sunday, May 29, 2011 3:17 PM
jason norwood wrote:wes... you live in white lake? thats close havent seen you or your car around, i live close do you go to j-bom meets?

I wanted to make the JBOM BBQ yesterday, too busy. I am hoping to go to the XCEED BBQ June 12th (I think it is the 12th), and will probably be down on Woodward most Friday nights this summer around Potbellys or Auto Europe.
Monday, May 30, 2011 8:32 AM
Cool probley see you there on woodward by omaha steaks probley??? Will be getting to that time of year!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:50 AM
Aaron Booms wrote:Mr. Jason Norwood,

1. I dont care who you know. I know a lot of people too. My father built a S10 Xtreme with a fully built Eco in it. It completely blows your build out of the water. It was ran low 10's and was completely steet legal, and he now is doing a similar build in a full drag car; and expects to run 8's. Also he origianally built that over 3 years ago, hes not new to this stuff either, nor am I. I've personally meet Russ O'Blenes, and he personally gave my father and I a tour of GM Performance. (If you're even aware of who that is.) And that is a typical dyno tuning price.

2. Why should I waste my time driving all the way down to have a guy that MIGHT be able to tune my car? Honestly Id rather have it dyno tuned professionally. I thought you were trying to help out, but obivously that isnt the case.

3. If thats true...then you're a fuking idiot for dumping that much money into a sunfire. My car is easily worth over 7k, sorry. The car itself is worth 5k. So eat @!#$.

4. I don't care, congratulations.

5. I was polite, and in return you were nothing but rude, and cocky. You are a piece of feces.

6. I dont respect you at all, and you will never make me respect. If you think different, Id like to see you try.

7. @!#$ off.

8. Thank "shooff" for making you and the rest of forum look more ignorant.

Douchebag,

1) You asked a question on the forum, and were given an answer. Sometimes it sucks when you don't get the answer you want.

2) Again, there was an opportunity you were given, but chose to pass.

3) Not an ice cubes chance in hell that your car is worth what you think it is. But, go ahead and make yourself feel better.

4) No one else cares.

5) The first person to be impolite in this thread was you.

6) Good job making yourself look like an even bigger dick.

7) You can @!#$ off too.

8) Apparently you don't get the point. I want you to end your car, or preferably just your own life.

But once again. Just because you didn't get the answer that you wanted, is no reason to throw a @!#$ fit over it. It happens dude, life goes on. It's not really as big of deal as you're making it sound like. Jason Norwood chose to TRY to help you out, and wasn't able to. This is because you, like many other n00bs, feel that you should have everything given to you as a hand out, rather than actually do anything for yourself. That is what the forum mainly consists of, NOT people like him and me.

One more thing..... if your dad has built these super awesome eco powered S10's and whatnot. Why do you need someone else's help with your car? Why not just have your dad do it? I'm thinking it has to do with 1 of 2 things. Either it's just a story you decided to make up in a piss poor attempt to make yourself sound better than what you are, and you've failed miserably. Or your dad hasn't spoken to you in years, a time which probably closely coincides to the day you came out of the closet. I'm thinking it's a little bit of both.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:49 PM
Well put I would say.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:56 PM
Aaron Booms wrote:

So your father can build an 8sec ECO, but he can't help you tune a 13-14sec one?

I have no signiture
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:55 PM
Wagonwes wrote:
Aaron Booms wrote:I know these forums mainly consist of people like you, and shooff. I respect the few polite, helpful such as Wagonwes. Thanks for your help by the way Wagonwes.

Seeing your predicament, I figured I would speak up. I actually have tuned a couple cars on Megasquirt (turbo), and would not mind tuning for you. Only thing is that I have been very busy lately and probably wouldn't have time for at least a month or two. If you can't get things figured out, shoot me a PM and maybe we can discuss some options.

Ok sounds good, I'll more than likely do that. Plus Speed Industry told me they don't know how to tune MS. I'll send a PM.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search