tuning a 95? - Page 4 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: tuning a 95?
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:54 PM
Sure Magik, ship me an email and i'll get right on it.

I can read any 95 $36 bin, there are no $40's so if your trying to read it with a $40 mask def thats why.

Send me your file and i'll take a look. If your using the mantapart i've had some issue opening it.

Chris

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:25 PM
you've got mail

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:43 PM
The mantapart bin and stock bin you gave me read with my beta3 xdf.

You will have mail in about 5 minutes.
Sunday, July 12, 2009 8:34 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm that these methods work on the obd 1.5 computers that came in the 1995 2.2 sunfire?

I had kind of been committed to doing megasquirt to tune my turbo setup, but if I can keep the stock computer, that may be better. Definitely less wiring and probably the same learning curve.

Monday, July 13, 2009 6:06 AM
Im doing it...

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, July 13, 2009 6:35 AM
Im pretty sure the 2.2 sunfire uses the same computer as a 95 cavalier 2.2 and 2.3, there are a few people that can help with it, Taetsch, cavfan1,promotec, and any of the team green guys, i am in the process of tuning my 95 2.3 z24, actually im going up to the dyno shop in a few mins i should get it back today. even though u will have to buy quite a few parts to be able tot une it it will still be cheaper than megasquirt, but maybe not easier, both will have their advantages it just depends ont he route u want to go, i would suggest doing a lot of ur own research and find the method that is best for u and ur wallet.

if it can't win a race it better win a show
Monday, July 13, 2009 6:05 PM
1fast 2point3 wrote:Im pretty sure the 2.2 sunfire uses the same computer as a 95 cavalier 2.2 and 2.3, there are a few people that can help with it, Taetsch, cavfan1,promotec, and any of the team green guys, i am in the process of tuning my 95 2.3 z24, actually im going up to the dyno shop in a few mins i should get it back today. even though u will have to buy quite a few parts to be able tot une it it will still be cheaper than megasquirt, but maybe not easier, both will have their advantages it just depends ont he route u want to go, i would suggest doing a lot of ur own research and find the method that is best for u and ur wallet.

Thanks guys. I will begin my research.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:06 PM
1fast 2point3 wrote:Im pretty sure the 2.2 sunfire uses the same computer as a 95 cavalier 2.2 and 2.3, there are a few people that can help with it, Taetsch, cavfan1,promotec, and any of the team green guys, i am in the process of tuning my 95 2.3 z24, actually im going up to the dyno shop in a few mins i should get it back today. even though u will have to buy quite a few parts to be able tot une it it will still be cheaper than megasquirt, but maybe not easier, both will have their advantages it just depends ont he route u want to go, i would suggest doing a lot of ur own research and find the method that is best for u and ur wallet.

The method you choose will be based on personal reasons. ODB1.5 project has come a long way.

The pcm in the sunfire is identical to the cavalier 16196285 the only difference is between auto/vs manual memcal.

Pull your pcm, and read off the 4 letter code, i bet I have a .xdf definition file for tunerpro and .ads that you can use to fully tune this beast.
It will require at the minimum a moates.net burn1, eeprom adapater to tune, plus you may want a wide band, and a ALDL 1 cable. Or you can do what i did and just go autoprom plus memcal adapter.

Do a search for odb1 ecu project, and you'll find most of the advancements we have completed.
Saturday, November 14, 2009 8:11 AM
Back to the top.

Got my 95 back up and running. (ya ya, should have used an air filtler... compressor wheel got chewed up.)

CSmith's $36 XDF that he made for me works.... GREAT.

Trying to get it diled in now... its slow as I dont have an emulator just a remote EPROM hub, but its...

Fast.

No times yet.

good AFR's but would like to get my non PE alittle better... it reves up alittle between shifts... dont really know why.

but its getting better... maybe i need to smoth it out more?

Anywho, thats where Im at.

If anyone wants my current burn Email me.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Monday, November 16, 2009 7:29 PM
Chris, would you mind sending a copy over my way?? dieselld@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Time to get it going again.....
Friday, November 20, 2009 5:19 AM
When I get a Network Adapter for my old ass IBM thinkpad Ill send it.

got the idle down..... now just need to work on low end VE.... and I think it will be golden...

BUT!

For whatever reasion I can talk to the ECM through the ALDL...... I want a way to watch Knock counts...

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Friday, November 20, 2009 5:51 PM
Sounds good, keep it up.

Friday, November 20, 2009 9:46 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:When I get a Network Adapter for my old ass IBM thinkpad Ill send it.

got the idle down..... now just need to work on low end VE.... and I think it will be golden...

BUT!

For whatever reasion I can talk to the ECM through the ALDL...... I want a way to watch Knock counts...

Chris

Told ya to get a datalogger from moates, I wrote the ADS file for tunerpro and you can datalog like crazy iwth that setup. Then you can send me logs and I can tune the VE tables properly off the BLMs and INTs. Send me your bin if you get a chance too...

13.934 @ 97.82 ALL MOTOR
Sunday, December 06, 2009 10:30 AM
Well guys its been fun... but I think I have had my fill of Z24's.

I want to start with my LS7 swap in my GTO, and really don't need 3 cars, so the cav's got to go.

as soon as I get a adapter for my thinkpad ( Im on my wifes now) Ill email all of you what I have.
(yes its in the classifieds for 2500. oh well)

Thanks for all the help and support guys!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Sunday, December 06, 2009 7:50 PM
please send me what you have.
magicien11@videotron.ca
thanx

Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:27 PM
Chris, if you don't mind, could you pass it over my way also?, thanks. dieselld@hotmail.com

Monday, January 11, 2010 7:35 PM
Ok.

Hit me up on AIM.

Taetsch Z24

I got the PC up, unless there is some way to post it on here?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:57 PM
anyone can help me editing the adx file for wideband dataloging?

Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:11 PM
now i tried all day long to datalog and could't get it to work!!
i'm running damn too rich, like 10:1 at idle. spark plug fouled, engine runs on 3 cylinder!!! i'm on brown top...
i tried to datalog with tunerpro V4 and V5. V4 i could connect to the car via aldl but when recording i could not see data, it was all messed up or stayed to 0's. on V5 i couldn't even connect to the car.
i just want to be able to datalog prior to start messing with the .bin
anyone can help me please?
thanx

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:48 AM
I got ver 4 to datalog except for speed
Monday, September 19, 2011 4:11 AM
actually got speed datalogging too woo hoo

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search