Few HPT questions - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Few HPT questions
Monday, November 21, 2011 2:49 PM
So I reflashed the GM S/C reflash today. 2 bar Map is in of course. Injectors are 82lb/835cc. So I changed the injector constant so they would be accurate. It started fine but the AFR was around 16.7 at idle. I realized I changed my fuel pressure regulator when I put in the injectors and forgot it was set lower than normal from my last setup. Fuel was at 30psi. I bumped it up to 43ish where is suppose to be and it improved the AFR slightly to 16.5 Not as much of an improvement as I expected, but none the less. So I redid my injector constant so that it thinks I only have 750cc injectors instead of the 835s that are in there and it fixed the overall idle AFR to right around 14.5-14.7. So I'm wondering, are my injectors smaller than what they sold as, or should I put the injector constant back to what it should be for 835s and make changes in the VE tables to add more fuel at idle? I haven't taken it for a drive yet, but when reving, AFR seems good so far, but riches up to about 12.4 as the rpms drop and then it corrects itself back to 14.7ish over the next 4-7 seconds.

Another thing I was curious about was removing the speed limiter. I changed it out to 200mph under the spark section. I see its also under the speedo section. Is the speedo section just for the speedometer? So if that is changed to 200, it would peg out the needle? So basically, leave the speedo section at 110 or change it to 200 if getting rid of the limiter?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: Few HPT questions
Monday, November 21, 2011 3:52 PM
This has been said before but the injector constant is not a magical number that you change and everything runs just as stock.

Put the injector constant to what it should be and tune from that.

What was your constant?

FU Tuning

Monday, November 21, 2011 3:59 PM
Ahh. Didn't realize that. I had it at 0.1201352095808383 initially which idled at 16.5 then changed it to 0.1337505333333333 which made it idle at 14.5.
So you suggest putting it back to the 0.121352 and changing the VE tables? Out of curiosity, why not leave it at the 0.1337 where it idles good and go from there?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Monday, November 21, 2011 5:05 PM
I suggest yes putting it back to the correct constant. then tune all VE fields.

Why not leave it? Well you can, but regardless all VE fields need to be tuned.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search