Torque Management - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Torque Management
Sunday, December 25, 2011 4:28 PM
I know torque management was put there for a reason on a stock tune. I'm running with an Auto tranny and have been wondering if I should keep the torque management or get rid of it all together? Of course the more power the better, but I'm curious how much it will limit power vs. what amount of stress it would save the tranny on shifts. Thoughts?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: Torque Management
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:06 PM
I partially removed mine, its up to you, remove it altoghther and you may have to buy a trans in a few years, depending on how you drive, basically limits power output, good write up on hptuners.com on this.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:27 PM
I have removed it on my friends 99 auto M45 car. He says it feels better off the line. no bad affects after almost 4 years.

I think when you start messing with line pressure, shift speed etc.. is when you have to worry more about the affects on tranny life.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:27 PM
I thought higher line pressure was better for the tranny. Thats how ShiftPlus improves tranny life supposedly. No?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:49 PM
Jason- Do you happen to remember what that write up was called or have a link? I searched and went through a ton of posts, but they were all just that.. posts, not really write ups. Nothing that explained it very much or was too helpful.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:19 PM
--Boosted Z-- wrote:I thought higher line pressure was better for the tranny. Thats how ShiftPlus improves tranny life supposedly. No?

Its better for the clutches, but not the valves, booster, and all the other cheap plastic bits in the tranny, its why the v8 guys recommend using a real (as in, inside the tranny) shift kit for increasing line pressure. I've removed all the TM stuff except for the 4wd bits in my dads truck for him, and at least with the 4L60E/4L80E stuff, GM actually does not run the "correct" tables for it. May or may not be the same way with the auto's in us.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:27 AM
Boosted Z I will try to find it.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:00 AM
i would be intrested as well.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, January 05, 2012 12:59 AM
I still want to know what it does on a manual car.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 9:43 PM
I had the tq .management removed when Ryan tune the blower on my 5 speed and that alone made the car feel way better...then it got dyno tuned and felt even better.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search