Help - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help
Sunday, February 05, 2012 1:37 PM
Saab Turbo
Gm Reflash

Long story short... My car got into an accident involving three steel poles.... it was pretty bad. I fixed her up though and put her back on the road and the engine exploded... After the accident my AFR's where super Lean under boost, and the Rad Fans stopped working entirely. the rad wasnt hit at all in the wreck and the car ran fine on about 12lbs of boost before the wreck.... WTF??? I even turned the boost down to about 8lbs after i seen that it wasn't running right and it still went kaboom...

the car sat without a battery for a few months while i worked on it.

anyone have a clue as to what the heck happened...? cuz I have no answers...

The main reason I need advice is because I have a spare block that i want to rebuild w/ forged internals and run a 20G BUT! I dont know what to do for tuning. And after what happened i dont trust the stock computer that is in the car. I think it may have been damaged in the wreck.

besides I dont think you can use hp tuners or anything on a ecu that has had the GM Reflash. I thought about maybe getting an ECU from a different car, but someone mentioned something about GM Theftlock. and that i might not be able to do that.

Any Ideas why it blew up and more importantly what I can do for tuning???

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch

Re: Help
Sunday, February 05, 2012 1:50 PM
Theftlock isnt an issue. The re learn is not hard to do. I have 2 ecus for my sunfire as well as many other people have done the same. Was there enough coolant in it after the wreck? I Dont see why any tuning would have been changed due to mechanical damage
Re: Help
Sunday, February 05, 2012 8:22 PM
Yea, i wouldnt ever run the GM crapflash on a supercharged car again. HPT on a stock eco is leaps and bounds better.

I would rebuild it and do the LD9 ecu swap or run a standalone.

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search