GMPP Reflash Guys - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GMPP Reflash Guys
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:39 AM
Question for your gusy that are using the GM flash.

Latley i have been noticing that under high boost 13psi that my car dumps fuel and gives me a crazy rich 10.1 A/F ratio. What could of caused this to suddenly happen? Anyone else have this problem?

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!

Re: GMPP Reflash Guys
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:23 AM
Was it fine before?

Possibly the injectors clipping open?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:33 AM
Yea i just recently notice it about a month ago, dumps fuel and a/f reaches 10.1 and you can smell the fuel.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:06 AM
14psi daily (in the summer) no problems ever
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:15 AM
I wonder if my injectors are starting to get wore out, maybe time to replace?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:21 AM
Mine would dump fuel every once in a while. It made the car undrivable. It was fixed by swapping ECUs, HPTuners, and blowing up the GM crapflash ECU with 1lb of Tannerite and a AR-15.

Tannerite solves the Crapflash problems nicely.

Error: Sig not found.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:43 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Mine would dump fuel every once in a while. It made the car undrivable. It was fixed by swapping ECUs, HPTuners, and blowing up the GM crapflash ECU with 1lb of Tannerite and a AR-15.

Tannerite solves the Crapflash problems nicely.

What do you mean by undrivable?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:12 PM
Undrivable. Would not accelerate. Was forced to pull over, turn the car off, and then restart it. That would "solve" it for alittle bit.

Error: Sig not found.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:07 PM
That's weird, that's exactly what mine does. It doesn't seem undrivable.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:24 PM
get an adjustable afpr and bump fuel pressure 5 psi...its only temporary as some would say, but should get the job done.

i run the 3.0 on the reflash with fuel psi set to 65, and the richest afrs i see is 11.2

Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:04 PM
I know Im LD9 and all but I have the same issue ever since I swapped in my 42lbs injectors and GM reflash.

You can smell the gas....I thought I didnt mod the fuel rail enough...I might just send my machine shop my spare and get it done perfect. But yeah I get around 11.X AFR when in high boost....then I let off the gas, put it in neautral and it cycles to 22.X then back to stoich or depending at what RPM im at.

It really dumps fuel like crazing....I cant wait to find some time and drive around and start logging my low and high VE and tune them. Hope to see a diff.

GMR has got nothing on this

Thursday, April 05, 2012 3:15 PM
Dohc that's because you are on develop fuel cut and there is only air, all wb models do this

Thursday, April 05, 2012 5:34 PM
Yeah Im aware of it running lean in that case I was just pointing it out. How about the fact that when I have the ac on it reads a bit richer?

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, April 07, 2012 7:30 AM
EvoFire wrote:get an adjustable afpr and bump fuel pressure 5 psi...its only temporary as some would say, but should get the job done.

i run the 3.0 on the reflash with fuel psi set to 65, and the richest afrs i see is 11.2

How would bumping up the fuel pressure solve the issue as it goes rich?

Monday, April 09, 2012 12:55 PM
EcoEnvy wrote:
EvoFire wrote:get an adjustable afpr and bump fuel pressure 5 psi...its only temporary as some would say, but should get the job done.

How would bumping up the fuel pressure solve the issue as it goes rich?

in theory, the bump in fuel pressure will keep your injectors from holding open under high load. the computer will compensate and open and close the injectors as it shoulds. the higher PSI lets fuel come thru the injector faster. I had the issues you have, and was suggested to do this by a friend who had the blower before me. well it works. IDCs dropped and fueling seems to have stabilized...i have no REAL proof, but in theory and in practice for me it works.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search