recaling map sensor, 2 bar to 2.5 bar - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
recaling map sensor, 2 bar to 2.5 bar
Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:18 PM
Im doin some research on my frankenstein project, lol

I have an eco swapped sunfire, running a 2003 pcm w/ the gm supercharger reflash with a LNF turbo kit.(i use to have a supercharger though)
lately its been running horrible mostly due to the reflash, its very drivable up until a certian prm range where it dumps fuel, im running low boost.
my guess is it keeps adding fuel per the reflash, because the supercharger in linear and the turbo isnt.

Anyways, Im thinking/pondering switching to the 2.4 harness and running the supercharger reflash for 2000-2002 2.4 twin cams.
the Harness swap doesnt bug me, im just a total noob to the tuning, so i want to learn all i can before i invest in it.

so since i have the 2.5 tmap already i would like to retain it, because of the integrated IAT sensor. and i had to make the hole in my manifold bigger to accept the tmap.

in reading on faking a 2.5 bar on an ecotec you just have to multiply the current value by 2.5
so in my situation would i multiply by 1.25
faking 2.5 bar
1 x 2.5= 2.5 (ecotec)

so twin cam
2x 1.25= 2.5?

Re: recaling map sensor, 2 bar to 2.5 bar
Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:52 PM
Well if you run the GM LD9 reflash you would not be faking anything. Just run the reflash (LD9), and use your Tmap and tune. You can't rescale anything in our ECU's.

Just tune the columns that are being used and you should be fine.

FU Tuning

Re: recaling map sensor, 2 bar to 2.5 bar
Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:10 PM
awesome, thanks for the reply
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search