Running a Ecotec on a OHV/LD9 ECU - Page 8 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Update
Monday, May 28, 2012 8:03 AM
Thanks Matt

i plan on 2200 coils with msd coil packs
and to reverse the polarity of the ckp sensor, and run the tmap sensor instead ot the 2 bar sensor

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:34 AM
i got my car running on ld9 s/c reflashed ecu a little while back. this really is super easy.

this is some good info, glad we discovered this

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:50 AM
if your car cranks and cranks and doesnt start its your ckp sensor wiring. if all else fails switch it back and it should work fine.

i added the 2200 icm and switched the wiring there, cause it would be very easy since i was installing a new plug. The next time i worked on it, I was finishing up plugging in all the wiring and thought i better make sure to switch the wires on the CKP so i did it at the plug.

So im a dumbass and switched the wires twice, so i had starting issues, when i know i checked and double checked the wiring....lol

SO i fixed it back and it fired up the first time.
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 5:49 PM
Snowman, thats sounds like something that would happen to me, ha ha ha!

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 6:46 AM
yea it was pretty funny now looking back on it.lol

but other then loading the reflash and changing the injector constant(42lbs) it idles fine, and i moved it out of the garage and turned it around in the driveway no issue.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:11 AM
if only mine goes that easy, I have no other gear heads in my area to fall back on for help, I'm just glad there are more people doing this to help troubleshoot. Hopefully I can count myself among them soon.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:55 AM
well if you have any questions let me know, im not an expert but i kinda had to learn the hard way. lol im just glad evuilution was doing it the same time and i had someone to talk to in the same boat lol. his is an injector/wiring issue. hopefully he gets it iorned out soon
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 9:20 AM
yeah I have all the wiring info for the Eco, but nothing but the horrible Chilton diagram for the 2.4. I wanna keep my cruise control so I need to find out what pins where for that one (I think the big fire wall plug). and I think I have sorted out what to do for the auto to manual harness thing. just a few pins here and there ( reverse light, and VSS) I'm hoping to get into it today that way I can make an intelligent post for it if I run into trouble. I also have to rewire for the LS1 TB, 2200 coils etc.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:17 PM
the cruise control isnt run off the main engine harness, its off the dash harness....i didnt have to do anything with the cruise control on this swap.

as for the 2200 coils, the wires are the same colors, so match and connect.
you will have to lengthen the oil pressue wire.
the tps plug should be the same if you are using the ls1 t/b
make sure to only switch the ckp sensor wires once

let me know i have the pdfs on my comp if ya need em.
Saturday, June 09, 2012 6:21 AM
Cinny wrote:yeah I have all the wiring info for the Eco, but nothing but the horrible Chilton diagram for the 2.4. I wanna keep my cruise control so I need to find out what pins where for that one (I think the big fire wall plug). and I think I have sorted out what to do for the auto to manual harness thing. just a few pins here and there ( reverse light, and VSS) I'm hoping to get into it today that way I can make an intelligent post for it if I run into trouble. I also have to rewire for the LS1 TB, 2200 coils etc.

TPS on the LS1 tb and LD9 tb's are the same so you don't have to worry about it. And like Snowman said, the ICM is pretty simple, just color match the wires and you're golden.

Mine runs great now, still have no idea why it wouldn't start, lol. I had suspected either a bad injector or wiring issue, swapped the suspected injector to another cylinder and it started fine and my p0203 code vanished. I think maybe something was obstructing the injector and was knocked loose in the process of moving. I'll probably have the injectors sent out to be serviced at the end of the season for peace of mind.

For the auto to manual harness, you just need to pull the 2 appropriate wires for the VSS and 2 for the back up lamp out of the trans connectors, and splice in the pig tails for the manual. Shoot me a PM if you need more info, I can make a copy of the pinouts from my GM service manual and send them to you if needed

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:11 PM
if someone can put a ld9 harness and pcm together for a plug and play affair, because im not great with this @!#$, and i have a hard time following electrical, id be willing to pay more having it done right the first time..
tired of getting hacked harnesss

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:07 PM
Matt Gorman wrote:if someone can put a ld9 harness and pcm together for a plug and play affair, because im not great with this @!#$, and i have a hard time following electrical, id be willing to pay more having it done right the first time..

i agree with this! i would pay some decent money for it aswell.

Thursday, September 06, 2012 12:20 AM
EvoFire wrote:
Matt Gorman wrote:if someone can put a ld9 harness and pcm together for a plug and play affair, because im not great with this @!#$, and i have a hard time following electrical, id be willing to pay more having it done right the first time..

i agree with this! i would pay some decent money for it aswell.

How much you wanna pay me haha
Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:16 AM
Quick question: can you use the eco fuse block, or does the swap require the ld9 fuse block (I've never looked at n ld9's before)? I would assume you can wire whichever you choose, but just wanted to ask first.
Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:51 AM
they are identical for about 95% of it.
Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:36 AM
Ok cool...time for a junkyard run lol
Thursday, September 06, 2012 2:16 PM
LoudCav wrote:Quick question: can you use the eco fuse block, or does the swap require the ld9 fuse block (I've never looked at n ld9's before)? I would assume you can wire whichever you choose, but just wanted to ask first.

You talking about the fuse block under the hood? That is attached to the engine harness. So you would be using the Ecotec fuse block.

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 06, 2012 3:26 PM
what LoudCav is wondering, is does the engine harness include the fuse/relay box that is under the hood, or does the harness plug in somewhere, and the ECOTEC fues/relay box stay? this i dont think was ever mentioned in the thread.

Thursday, September 06, 2012 4:30 PM
EvoFire wrote:what LoudCav is wondering, is does the engine harness include the fuse/relay box that is under the hood, or does the harness plug in somewhere, and the ECOTEC fues/relay box stay? this i dont think was ever mentioned in the thread.

The fuse block under the hood is part of the engine harness. This is why it was never mentioned. So when you swap engine harness you are swapping the fuse block as well.

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:28 PM
What about if I wanted to keep the eco one for whatever crazy reason? Probably a moot point, but just curious...I really just need to get my hands on an ld9 harness and look it over lol.
Thursday, September 06, 2012 7:40 PM
its practically the same thing man, no good reason for changing it

Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:21 PM
They are 95per ent the same minus one relay that's located externally, then in 2003 it was just added to the fire block otherwise they are identical
Friday, September 07, 2012 8:44 AM
OK cool...thanks guys!
Friday, September 07, 2012 3:27 PM
i keep getting a code for the camshaft position.

just delete the code? the connector is just hanging
Monday, September 10, 2012 9:21 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search