Spark map help please. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spark map help please.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:14 AM
Would anyone with HPtuners please be so kind to give me a stock spark map for a 2.4L LD9? This would help me out a lot. im doing some detonation research and development on verious engines one being a 2.4LD9 and their geometry, piston speed, fuels, using a couple different ECMs and ignition systems and knowing GMs base map for this will be a good help.

Thank you

Re: Spark map help please.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:50 PM
go to hptuners.com and get it from the tune repository.

btw you need hptuners to rear said file
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:47 PM
I am not really wanting to get involved with downloading/buying and using hptuner. I know someone out there has this at their finger tips and please carry out the tradition of this helpful website like it really was back in the day sharing with others. Its not even someone’s super special hopped up racing map that I’m asking for. I have done my fair share of helping and sharing. I am trying to help out the Megasquirt community for those who wish to do a little more R&D than hptuners. I am going to give a write up and all my maps for the 2.4L LD9 and the stock GM LD9 timing map will be a valuable resource for this document because I just like to have fun tuning cars and helping out others like they did for me when I was new and looked up to them. I have run this system in a cavalier at 16 PSI boost with no traction in 1,2, and 3 trapping 114 mph and gone through 2 crappy isuzu transmissions.
Because the poor traction and transmission, I currently have a 64 nova with a turbo LD9 rwd conversion running very strong supported fully by the megasquirt ecu. I have developed my own spark maps based off of calculations and would simply like to see what GM has done with this map so I can help people find that hidden power. I feel that the stock detonation system may be limiting peoples power by pulling timing prematurely.

Please feel free to see the builds including this radical nova at our face book page Empty Tank Speed & Machine
I would really enjoy helping the community get involved with this very powerful ecu, and I will share all my successful experiences.
The megasquirt offers quite a bit such as a very powerful data acquisition system that has built in post processing features such as mpg, torque, and horse power so you can do some serious back road no dyno needed tuning. This ecu also has the ability to add additional sensors into the data logging such as fuel pressure, egt and many others. It has the capability to use many more ignition systems other than wasted spark for things such as sequential injection control sequential spark control for rev limiting launch control, anti lag, boost control, staged injection , meth injection control, E85/flex fuel control opening up doors for those who wish to do some serious tuning.
It is a seriously clean system that does not have all the stock garbage in the user interface to muddle through
Please help me acquire these maps. I did do some searching on the hptuner site and really found nothing in this said repository regarding the stock spark tables.
Best regards,
Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:03 AM
"Liked" your FB page. Cool stuff. Right in line with what hotrodding really is!!
dennis
Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:11 AM
Just remind me, and I can get all that for you. I'll try to do it later today if I get some time.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:43 AM
This is a view of both main parts.

Attachments
SPARK ADVANCED MAIN.jpg (133k)
SPARK RETARD MAIN.jpg (117k)

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:44 AM
Octane Spark advance...
Attachments
MAIN SPARK HIGH OCTANE.jpg (219k)
MAIN SPARK LOW OCTANE.jpg (219k)

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:50 AM
PE Operation and Idle

Attachments
MAIN SPARK PE HIGH OCTANE.jpg (185k)
MAIN SPARK PE LOW OCTANE.jpg (182k)
IDLE BASE SPARK.jpg (75k)

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:56 AM
Some Knock info...

Attachments
MAX KNOCK RETARD VS. RPM PE.jpg (85k)
MAX KNOCK RETARD VS. VAC.jpg (70k)

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:58 AM
I think that covers most of what you need. If you need any thing else let me know. This is from a stock 99 Z24 file. 00-02 is also slightly different, and 97-98 is also different. There is also a speed density operating system 97 tune. Everything I posted is from a Alpha -N operating system.

Forgot to click replies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:58 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:23 PM
Dennis, Mike, Snowman
This is awesome! Thank you very much for your support and generosity. Please don’t ever hesitate to jump on line and ask a question. I will do my best to help out on whatever I can. Love for the Hot Roding culture at its best!!! You guys rock.

Mike
These maps are an awesome valuable resource for folks setting up their system with great confidence. These have been developed with hundreds of hours on a dyno with safety and reliability and a major asset to have and start from. Ironing out the proper timings to just get things started and tuning is a major hurdle. One more thing to help inspire and get people on their way with a safe base tune and develop from the fundamental building blocks of tuning. When you start your engine for the first time with a new ecm and hear it is the coolest feeling and encourages a deeper desire to understand and evolve with engine performance tuning. Sharing and opening doors for R&D and inspiring minds to try something new, cool and fun, just awesome
Regards,
Jamie

Monday, December 17, 2012 3:32 AM
If you need anything else let me know. I can provide the tables for the Eaton M45 supercharger reflash also if they would help at all.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:27 AM
Any updates on this.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search