W41 cam install/tunning - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
W41 cam install/tunning
Friday, August 02, 2013 12:34 PM
My question is would a motor run like @!#$ without having the computer tuned with stock 2.4 cams reground to w41 specs?

Re: W41 cam install/tunning
Friday, August 02, 2013 2:43 PM
And my question to you is why would you even do it without tuning it. Sounds like a waste of time/money.

Friday, August 02, 2013 5:08 PM
Agreed.....tune it.

Friday, August 02, 2013 5:17 PM
I was told that it would be ok to get it running before the tune but I'm thinking the computer doesn't like what I did to the cams my question was like I said would it run like @!#$ before the tune having a profile such as the w41 cams a tune is in the works trust me I'm just trying to pin point whether its a running issue or if I screwed something up during the build.... Only ran for 5 minutes then I shut it down didn't like it at all sound as if its running on 2 cylinders but all for header tubes are equally temped meaning all 4 are firing this is my first experience with a cavy so I'm looking for alittle help her guys any help would be greatly appreciated
Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:59 AM
You do have a bit more duration than w41 cams 224@50 iirc. Gonna be a choppy idle but should still idle with a stock tune.

Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:17 AM
Ill take choppy over what this thing sounds like! Lol
Saturday, August 03, 2013 12:35 PM
Hey john its pj. Figured I can chime in on the forum. Does anyone have a w41 or custom cam tune thru hp tuners I can look at to compare the differences in the different maps. I personally have done a seceret cam swap and ran on a sstock pcm for a short while before tuning it. Thought I would ask any help is better than no help.

PJ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search