looking for turbo tune to work off of - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking for turbo tune to work off of
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:09 PM
okay i have an 2003 sunfire with hahn stage 2 kit im looking for some one that might have a base tune we can work off of, to cut down expensive dyno time, and in the end save me money. i am willing to buy a tune from some one if it comes down to it. maybe some one has something like i said it would help to cut down dyno time this week, save me money and get the car back faster. i already did Shifted's fake 2 bar on it but would like to get more indepth of a tune so hours arent spent on the dyno. thanks

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.17@90.82mph N/A....More times to come after turbo install

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001

Re: looking for turbo tune to work off of
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:05 PM
I am sorry to say that you will ahve to do a base run and tune from there, most tunes will be so very different, unless you can find someone with the exact same setup as you and the same altitude, same intercooler, same cams, same turbo/exhaust, etc.

Even when you get a stock s/c tune from GM on the new cobalt, the AFR's are terrible on there "tune", you might as well do a single run at the dyno, and adjust ever 100 rpm as per the wideband output, will only take a couple runs to get is super close.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:31 PM
yea i figured there would be too many variables but didnt seem like it would hurt to ask

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.17@90.82mph N/A....More times to come after turbo install

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:17 PM
Aren't you the guy who had 35+ degrees of timing advance when HPT first came out?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search