HP Tuners with MAP ECU - Tuning Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
HP Tuners with MAP ECU
Friday, July 13, 2007 9:51 PM
Hey I don't know much about HP Tuners, but a guy I know named Ryan Woon, "Wide OPen Throttle MOtorsports" has recomended me into using whats called a MAP ECU. It is an air/fuel controller that has a/f tuning like a stand alone ECU. Now i was wondering if I could use this with HP Tuners, but only use HP Tuners to control the timing and not the A/F ratio? I've seen the MAP ECU powering an 1100HP Supra, and im really interested. It can use a 3BAR MAP sensor and control it!! HP Tuners has good things like rev/speed control, transmission control and the MAP ECU is just a programmable air fuel computer and also has built in nitrous control! This sounds as good as HPT with the HAhn Portfueler! Anyways if you guys could help me out i would really appreciate it. Thanks

Re: HP Tuners with MAP ECU
Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:36 AM
If all you want to do is control fuel save your money and piggyback a megasquirt. As far as fuel is concerned its all the same if your going to keep you stock ECU and HPT.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search