obd1 tune on a 90 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
obd1 tune on a 90
Sunday, November 26, 2017 2:04 PM
Basically ive been having lots of issues with the setup on my 90 tbi engine. What ive done is swapped over the top end of a 93. Everything runs good id say 90% of the time. Car starts with no issues but has issues with a WOT stumble. What im thinking is the ecm is running the injectors for a tbi setup and is causing it to dump too much fuel. What im trying to see is if someone on here can either correct the ecm bin to run fuel map like a 93ish or have the entire bin from a 93ish. Then i could flash the chip in the car and hopefully take care of this issue.

Re: obd1 tune on a 90
Monday, November 27, 2017 3:24 PM
bryon hall wrote:Basically ive been having lots of issues with the setup on my 90 tbi engine. What ive done is swapped over the top end of a 93. Everything runs good id say 90% of the time. Car starts with no issues but has issues with a WOT stumble. What im thinking is the ecm is running the injectors for a tbi setup and is causing it to dump too much fuel. What im trying to see is if someone on here can either correct the ecm bin to run fuel map like a 93ish or have the entire bin from a 93ish. Then i could flash the chip in the car and hopefully take care of this issue.

You need to make sure it's a tune issue first. If it is just get a chip from a 93 and swap it. No need to pay someone to do it.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search