cleaner wax vs "wax polish" deep crystal - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cleaner wax vs "wax polish" deep crystal
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:45 AM
what is the difference between cleaner wax and the "wax polish" from reading the directions it left the impression that the "polish" was a renamed cleaner wax. it is part of Meguiers deep crystal 3 step system. i was thinking of trying it but its the same thing that i have done in the past with 1 cleaner wax 2 Mothers carnuba (sp) they just added and extra step, which off the top of my head i can't remember.

Re: cleaner wax vs "wax polish" deep cry
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:50 AM
In meguiars 3 step the polish goes after cleaning and before wax. it helps to fill in the minor scratches and bring color back after cleaning. then apply the wax over the top, but not a cleaner wax as it will eat up the polish. a cleaner wax is just what is says. it cleans the paint and removes light oxidation and surface marks and applies a coat of wax at the same time.

03 fire. Yeah's it's an ECO.

Re: cleaner wax vs "wax polish" deep cry
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:12 AM
ok so if i us the cleaner wax to clean up an ugly spot, then it is waxing while cleaning and i don't have to wax on top of that? i was thinking all this time that i did. I have decided to get more pro-active in keeping my car looking good. there is a sea of information out there. thanks for your help man.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search