JDM CORNER LIGHTS - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JDM CORNER LIGHTS
Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:58 AM
Did ebay take off all the JDM parts for cavaliers. I havent been on the net for 2 months and all I get is nothing!! someone help... I need to get some JDM corner lights...
Thanks

Re: JDM CORNER LIGHTS
Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:52 AM
You have an american car, there are no "jdm" parts made for it cause it was never made in japan , closest thing to that is the handful of parts when they were released as toyotas in japan but the corner lights are no different

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:05 PM
Hey Rodimus
I Know that what JDM stands for...Japanese Domestic Market.. Cavaliers are Domestic...ON ebay if you typed in JDM (black cavalier parts) would show up euro parts in black not crome.. Sorry I didnt eplain further what I meant. As long as you have been on this site you should know what I was talking about.!!!

Thanks but no thanks...
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:19 PM
if your looking for black corners, make them yourself. open them up, paint, and re-glue

Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:19 PM
ive been looking for the balck corner lights too for a 95-99 and it seems like they are no longer on there. anyone know where i can get some.

Sigga what?

Sunday, February 20, 2005 4:48 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:closest thing to that is the handful of parts when they were released as toyotas in japan but the corner lights are no different

actually, the toyota corners are different

Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:21 PM
BaggedCav98 wrote:if your looking for black corners, make them yourself. open them up, paint, and re-glue

^^^^^Do that. It takes an hour and is less expensive.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:27 PM
how do u take them apart? heat gun would prolly melt the plastic and i dont know if a blow dryer is hot enough? any ideas would be great
Monday, February 21, 2005 6:07 AM
Put them in the oven on 220 (I think, It's been a while) for about 10 minutes. Take them out, pry them apart, paint them or whatever, them get some silicon and slap 'em back together.
I'm not really sure about the temp., but I know there are a few posts that tell what temp, how long and all that other stuff. Good luck.

Monday, February 21, 2005 6:49 AM
Quote:

Put them in the oven on 220 (I think, It's been a while) for about 10 minutes. Take them out, pry them apart, paint them or whatever, them get some silicon and slap 'em back together.

As far as I know that's how it works.. a friend of mine did this to his RSX lights and what he did was get a cookie sheet and put a wet towel on it then put light on it to keep it from melting the light. Pulled it apart, painted then siliconed it back up.. blacked out lights on a black RSX.. very nice

Monday, February 21, 2005 7:02 AM
I forgot about the cookie sheet part, and the wet towel would probably be a good idea. Thanks Cody.

Monday, February 21, 2005 2:21 PM
I know i'm just givin you a hard time because i hate the overuse of the phrase

anyways i used a soldier gun to melt the plastic, then to kinda weld it back together usually ruins the tip though

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:28 AM
red4 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:closest thing to that is the handful of parts when they were released as toyotas in japan but the corner lights are no different

actually, the toyota corners are different

hardly. people see amber turn signals and assume stock. i know i sure as hell can't tell the difference. but i do love my toyota tails

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:53 AM
i love my tails aswell

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:58 PM
I searched a post in the photos&media forum that had some info about the black corner lights but like you I can't find the lights anywhere...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search