Has this happened to anyone? (paint air bubble) - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Has this happened to anyone? (paint air bubble
Monday, February 21, 2005 7:34 PM
2. Sealer and base mixed wrong.... never ONCE heard of mixing paint wrong causeing ONE bubble

well you must not have been around as long as i have
yes it does happen i have seen it

can i haz bondo

Monday, February 21, 2005 8:22 PM

big daddy wrote:2. Sealer and base mixed wrong.... never ONCE heard of mixing paint wrong causeing ONE bubble

well you must not have been around as long as i have
yes it does happen i have seen it

Umm... for one... most people do not mix base and sealer (also depending on which system you use). Some do yes... but you can't really mix that wrong. If you add more base... you get more color... unless you mean something else but worded it in a way in which I havent' heard.

Maybe we have less stupid auto body techs around here that mix stuff right. I never said once that it can NEVER happen... I simply said I haven't heard of it.

Just out of curiousity... why didn't you just pick apart my other comments too?? Or do you agree I do have a point? I may be a chick... but I'm not dumb and I know my stuff. Sorry if I'm commin off as a biotch... but I've had a really horrible day and do not feel like listening to people pick apart what I'm saying. I made a comment... that is all...

Monday, February 21, 2005 9:26 PM
i am not gettin into anything hon here
we both have our own ways of painting preping cars
you want a fight you picked the wrong person to do so with i am not pickin what you typed out at all
i am stating a fact that`s all
in ppg you can not over reduce nothing it has to be exactly mixed 1:1 or 1: 1 1/2
has to be if not problems occur
so just relax take the panty liner out your ass

second i do what i want say what i want no offense
ICI SPIES HECKER PPG AND I BELIEVE DU PONT sealers are mixed

so just take it easy

can i haz bondo
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:26 AM
Quote:

in ppg you can not over reduce nothing it has to be exactly mixed 1:1 or 1: 1 1/2

See there's where you had me confused. You said base and sealer.. base being the color. Yes when mixing paint or sealer the REDUCERS must be mixed correctly... I just wanted to be sure I was understanding what you were saying.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search