Fenders rubbing on the door. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fenders rubbing on the door.
Friday, February 25, 2005 7:59 AM
I have the fiberglass Z3 fenders from Tabasco Racing, and the fit along the door was very tight, and the fender is not flush with the door. The door sits about 1/4-1/3 of an inch out away from the fender. So in order for me to get the doors open, I had to sand down the back of the fenders. But the time as come for painting, and I am going to smooth off the back of the fenders and fill in the back to make it flush with the door.

Now, how can I push the fender out just a tad more to make it flow with the door? As of now, the door doesn't rub the fender, because of all the sanding. But when I fill in the mess I made with filler, I know the problem will return. But when I pull the fender out with my hand under the wheel well, the door opens fine. I need to push the fender away from the inside for enough clearance. Any ideas on how to push it away and keep it there? Sorry for the rambling. I did search and found topics where ppl had a similar problem, but I didn't find a solid solution.

Thanks for your help guys!

Re: Fenders rubbing on the door.
Friday, February 25, 2005 11:10 AM
ok, what you are going to have to do is shim out the bottom of the fender... get your hands on about 10 to 20 washers and start putting them between the fender and the car on the bottom two bolts. keep shimming it out until the fender lines up with the door. also, see if you can adjust the fitment of the fender by loosening all the bolts along the top edge and pulling the fender out a little bit.

Friday, February 25, 2005 12:33 PM
Stock fenders OWN as far as fitment.

The Silver J......Ridin' Clean....
Friday, February 25, 2005 1:32 PM
Silvrdreamld904 wrote:Stock fenders OWN as far as fitment.

aftermarket fenders own as far as looks...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search