hood scoops :( - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hood scoops :(
Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:05 PM
I put hood scoops on my car a while back, then i realized how freakin stupid it was. It looks horrible and just ruins my car. Does anyone know a good way of getting them off without tearing up my hood.

Re: hood scoops :(
Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:08 PM
depends, what did you use to put them on in the first place? if it's just a double sided adhesive, you should be able to take a hair dryer, heat them up and slide fishing line between the scoops and the hood to cut the adhesive. then use a little adhesive remover to get rid of the crap left behind.

Monday, February 28, 2005 4:01 PM
that and if you run your engine for a bit before you do it it will help heat it from the bottom side and then you can use the hair dryer from the top. just a thought

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:23 AM
I bought a couple Hood scoops for like 15 bucks ,marked where I wanted them to be positioned on my Hood ,then drilled out holes wtith a large bit .After my holes were done I stuck them on over the holes with adhesive spray and then urethane .Spray painted them to match my hood stripes and now they have been on for almost five years with no issues.Some guys laugh at my autozone style vents but I don`t really care as I know how functional they are when I`m sitting in hot Montreal summertime traffic .Alot of heat escapes from these vents helping the engine cool off which is a plus in my book!

BLACKMANTIS
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:26 AM
Looking at your profile on cardomain, they look like stick on ones.I'd do what everyone else has said. Goo Gone works wonders in pulling off old glue.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:27 AM
They are the stick on ones ,so what?

BLACKMANTIS
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:46 PM
I don't think he meant you, I think he was talking to the original poster.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:39 AM
Alex Meyers wrote:I don't think he meant you, I think he was talking to the original poster.

+1
Monday, July 29, 2013 7:37 AM
BLACK MANTIS wrote:They are the stick on ones ,so what?

Duide! Relax! LOL
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:52 PM
Went from
"Some guys laugh at my autozone style vents but I don`t really care....."
To
They are the stick on ones ,so what?
lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search