carbon fiber trunk!!! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
carbon fiber trunk!!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:11 PM
hey everyone,

Like the post says i am looking for a carbon fiber trunk for my 2000 4dr sunfire. now i have seen a few online and i read a few posts, i have found a carbon fiber hood by VIS for $424 stock (no shaving) and that seems to be about the cheapest one. How is the fitment with the VIS trunk? i am looking for it to be stock but i wanted a molded wing, kinda like class glass used to sell. also what is the weight difference between fiberglass and carbon fiber? and how easy is it to drill into carbon fiber? if anyone has any websites that i can go to that would be also helpful. any help would be appreciated.

Re: carbon fiber trunk!!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:30 PM
The VIS cf one is just fiberglass with a carbon fiber layer ontop of it. Underneath you can see that its fiberglass. If your going just for weight get a reuglar fiberglass one. If its for looks get the cf. Fitment on my vis was okay. It still doesn't fit like stock, but thats mabye because I didn't spend enought time adjusting it. Driling into cf is fine I guess. I have had the rksport on the car for a month now and nothing seemed to have happened. Just make sure to drill nice and slow.

Re: carbon fiber trunk!!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:41 PM
oh so the VIS is just carbon fiber over fiberglass? no i was looking to get the weight and the look of carbon fiber. So would JSP be a better choice? how is there fitment and is it full carbon fiber or just carbon fiber over fiberglass? thanx.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search