Paint Protection - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Paint Protection
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:57 AM
I had paint protection done, because I had to take my car for a 2 year rust check, and I had that paint protection done when it was new. I was just wondering. It looks pretty good overall, just like new. I was just wondering why that some of the car like especially the metal parts fender.. etc, look like a mirror finish. However, the back bumper and the front bumper, are shiny but if u look closly kinda has a fuzzy bumpy reflection. I was wondering why this is and if that is normal. It is smooth to the touch and u can't tell unless u go really close to the bumper. This same effect is on other parts of the car too. It just is most noticable on the bumper.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Paint Protection
Monday, February 28, 2005 11:57 AM
pictures?

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:32 PM
Its a little thing most of us like to refer to as... "Orange Peel" It really sucks! and its definately common in factory paint jobs. Its not due to your "Paint Protection" its just that the mass production of Cavaliers/Sunfires leaves for minimal time for great paint jobs. Nothing you can do about it unless you repaint the car. Sry

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:48 AM
What exactly is orange peel. So your saying that the paint protection or wax really shows the bad paint job off. That sucks. I want a miror finish.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:04 PM
Orange peel is like what it sounds like sorta. It looks like the outside part of and orange or a golfball. I dunno from there

Im in the everybody club are you?
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:52 PM
no, its the materials it is. Your bumper is most likely fiberglass, and the hood and other areas are metal which gives the smoother, shinier finish from the paint!~

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:15 PM
so the bumper should show a orange peel look?
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:14 PM
i know that gm and most imports use ppg dbc system
the "paint protection" you speak of back in the day when i was a lonley car porter all that was is a teflon based wax...lol.....there `s your paint protection it`s just a way of dealerships to make money and all the unercoating and sound proofing it`s all b.s
your paint is fine nothing wrong with it i am sure your seeing the bumpers might have more ornage peel then the sheet metal most gm`s do
your fine
and i hope that "paint protection" works good for ya

can i haz bondo
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search