rear sunfire paint question? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear sunfire paint question?
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:28 PM
ok i have a 00 sunfire and that enormus black thing on the back were the license plate goes .. what would be the best way to paint it ..... take it off or paint it on the car... and if taking it off is the best way ..... can some one tell me how.. please thank you

http://geocities.com/xtbtx/tbtlogobalc.gif

<www.geocities.com/xtbtx >
<www.cardomain.com/id/xtbtx>

Re: rear sunfire paint question?
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:47 PM
the trunk panel... and i'd take it off to paint. it's really easy, open your trunk and look inside the lid. there's 4 bolts holding it on. just take a look and you'll figure out how to get it off, it's easy.

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:27 PM
I was thinking of doing this, but I heard that a cavi trunk lid will fit, is this true? If so you might just get a cavi trunk lid from a junk yard and paint it to match.

If You Can't Dazzle Them With Brilliance Baffle Them With Bullsh*t
Monday, February 28, 2005 3:30 PM
No, it wont fit. Cavaliers dont have the little cut under the tails, like the fire's do. Also, that would be more expensive than just takin it off and painting it. I'm with fodder on this one, take it off, spray it. Much easier

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:53 PM
that's why i bought a black sunfire

Monday, February 28, 2005 4:24 PM
Luckynbr13 wrote:I was thinking of doing this, but I heard that a cavi trunk lid will fit, is this true? If so you might just get a cavi trunk lid from a junk yard and paint it to match.

a cavy trunk lid will only fit on a 4 door sunfire.

Monday, February 28, 2005 5:36 PM
I didn't know that the 2 door trunk and a 4 door trunk were different. I have just seen it done before so that's why I said it.

Also On the 2 door fire does that black thing stick out from the trunk like on my 4 door?

If You Can't Dazzle Them With Brilliance Baffle Them With Bullsh*t
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:59 PM
Here's a pic of mine painted black to match the car.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:08 PM
BTW...its more that 4 nuts....I think its actually 9.

I bought my RK hood and when i had it painted i went ahead and had my mirrors and rear finish panel painted red to match.

I left the reverse lights though...Looks great...but you might wanna take some filler/bondo and sand and smooth out where it says PONTIAC and were the lil lines are on the sides (looks reflective) and sand them smooth. Of course sand it all though. Any body shop is capable...should cost around 50-100 to paint.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search