good "xeneon" style bulbs? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
good "xeneon" style bulbs?
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:30 PM
where online can i get good xeneon style bulbs (highs and lows) for my 3rd gen cav...?

thanks..

Re: good "xeneon" style bulbs?
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:52 AM
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:48 AM
The Luminics bulbs have been well liked by my customers... and I love them in my daily driver.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:16 AM
well "Good" ones.. that's debatable.. Street glow were the best I had till one blew (from headlight wiring problem) so i dunno the longevity of the bulb if it had been correctly wired. I have PIAA Extreme white's in my 2k cavy currently. I have had them for a year + and they are just awesome! A little pricy, $80 for a pair but they have a lifetime garentee on the bulbs if somethign should happen PIAA willl replace them. (im assuming product related not faulty wiring or anything like that that would cause hem to blow or something) but thier warrenty is insane and they're great bulbs! they dont have a "blue clean" look to them.. it's more of a whitish.. not the yellow. so you actually see more on the road. I had alot of trouble seeing things with my Blue Xenon Street glows. Now I have no problem at all. 100 Watt low beams, 120 watt high's. but my car's so low i never get flashed at.. plus w/ all the HID's on teh road stock i think thier lights are brighter than mine ... hope this helped.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:58 PM
thanks for the info, anyone else tired good ones?

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 12:22 AM
Silverstars are another good brand of bulbs. But it seems to be either hit or miss with them. Certain people have said the light output was either no better,or not much better than stock whereas others have said they're are much improved and very close to HID. I've got silverstars on my passenger side and PIAA's on the drivers and they are pretty similar with the piaa's being a bit whiter/brighter.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:56 AM
geeezzz...another "which one is best" thread. this must be done every month it seems like. its up to you, what color you want, if its legal, if you want to see at night, if you want to look cool...most everyone will tell you silverstars, becuase theyre both legal and cool looking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:10 PM
and decently priced /\

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:42 PM
I wasn't impressed with the Silverstar bulbs.
For the same amount of money, could've gotten my 85 watt lows for the same amount of money and gotten more light output.
For the almost 40 bucks spent, am now looking to get what I had.
misnblu

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:06 PM
and those 85 watt bulbs will last half as long as regular watted bulbs. and youll blind other drivers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:25 PM
Actually those high watt bulbs are that high because the blue tint on the bulbs will it a low light out put.

I had some 85W bulbs in my wifes car. When one blew i tried the Silver stars. Yes they are not that blue but the other are really not white either more blue. Well after driving my wifes car for about a month although not the color of most HID like bulbs they gave a better and brighter light out put. So i just replaced the other with Silverstars.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search