average primer job? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
average primer job?
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:31 PM
I have a bright red cavalier and just got a few new toys......Cough body kit cough......Well I am still in high school and have to do a senior project to graduate...-my car- well I have plans to paint it in the summer but the project is due in may. so i would atleast like to primer it so it could be one color.lol....Well whats the average price to get a body shop to primer a car?

Thanks guys

Re: average primer job?
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:02 PM
Quote:

and have to do a senior project to graduate...-my car-

Quote:

Well whats the average price to get a body shop to primer a car?

Then dont you have to do it yourself to graduate?

Go get a qoute at a bodyshop. Every shop charges differently, and there are alot of different things you can have done, ie: jambs, engine bay.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:52 AM
yes ur right flip I do have to do it myself to graduate, Well for the project I gave specific things that I did, with a step by step. Painting the car isnt in the project
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:09 AM
I did mine myself, but if you prep it, it should only be about 300. It is a lot of taping off on our cars especially if you have a body kit with a lot of mesh or weird curves around the mesh. It took me and a buddy about 2 1/2 hours to have my car completely taped off. About the same to wash it, and scotch brite it, and then tack rag it again when i got it in the booth. Then it only took about 15 - 20 minutes to spray the car and i put it on an hour bake cycle just for extra precaution since it was raining outside. I know an experienced painter with his own prepper could have it done in a lot less time than that, but your still looking at atleast a 4 hour job paying the painter about 35 an hour atleast 45 if he's union. Then you have to pay for materials also.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search