Exterior Questions! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exterior Questions!
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:25 PM
I just have a few questions..

1. I have enough money for either a Body Kit or a rim/tyre combo. Would a body kit look decent on stock tyres?

2.How well do body kits hold up? Ive hit quiet a few critters in my area, and the roads are not to good round here (michigan obviously)

3. How easy do Body Kits bolt up? I could see how bumpers would, but how do you connect the side skirts, my grandfather is good w/ fiberglass but Id rather not have him do much. And how much do body kits slow you down?

Thanks

Re: Exterior Questions!
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:35 PM
Lets go step by step here........If you have enough for wheels/tires or a body kit....Your not thinking about installation....Even if you do it yourslef you still have to deal with painting the body kit...which i strongly reccomend a paint booth or at teh very least professionally done.

Wheels and tires alone are a very nice addition.....Espically when you drop the car.....and in some cases actually do the looks better for the car then the body kit would.

I personally would NEVER go body kit with stock rims..

Urathane is good for a driver that likes the hit and runs....If you have alot of animals or pot holes....well urathane ain't going to break as opposed to fiberglass shattering.

Body kits for the most part aren't going to slow you down.....and if it does your not going to feel teh difference.......I have however actually heard of body kits helping because it gives the car a more areodynamic air flow......But most people don't get body kits for any other reason then looks!

Hope this helps....i,m hungry

Alex
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 2:51 PM
^^^ What he said... twice ^^^

LOL I agree do wheels & tires and get that established first.. then lower it.. then worry about a kit. If you do decide on a kit Urethane sounds like your best bet, fiberglass & critter = lots of $$ and time spent. LOL even snow will fudge up your glass bumper I know!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:11 PM
Painting is a problem, we have a paintbooth and one of my dads friends can get a hold some of the paint again, I dunno I really want a bodykit just to get rid of the stock look, i dunno.
Is Urethane more expensive ?

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:17 PM
yes... but worth it if you don't want to make your grandpa fix your fiberglass kit everytime you crack it! then paint it again....

Click Here, To Check Out My Interior

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search